TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a se12000 on my truck. The winch has been on one run, which was actually a recoveryfest! spent more time winching people out than I did wheel'n due to all the mud.

shortly after we broke the winch out for the first time, I noticed the control operators (I was in my truck monitoring the rpms and truck's gauges while my buddies controlled the winch operation from better vantage points than I had) were having some issues with the remote control switch staying in the socket on the winch…I did not give it much thought at the time.

Last night I was wanting to use the winch around the house for some household task I had. But the winch controller was not working properly. It would only work to release the cable, it would not take up cable at all.

I thought it was merely a polarity issue and tried regrounding the solenoid ground. Did not work!

Ended up not being able to use remote cable controller at all. Had to jump the socket connections to get the winch to reel in the cable.

Is this a common problem (remote control switch malfunctioning) with the Mile markers?

I was wanting to get the wireless remote for the winch anyway, seems like this is a good excuse to do so. But is the problem with the remote control cable, or with the switch on the solenoid? If I get the wireless will it remove the problem or will I have to replace the switch? (which would suck since I have only had the piece of equipment on the trail once)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
i just put a se9500c on my truck about a week ago. i have used it a bunch of times and havent had any problems with it so far. i had it completly submerged in mud and it still works. i am real happy with my mile marker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I have a SI9500 that i used a few times last winter and it worked great, no problems here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
I recently installed a se12000 on my truck. The winch has been on one run, which was actually a recoveryfest! spent more time winching people out than I did wheel'n due to all the mud.

shortly after we broke the winch out for the first time, I noticed the control operators (I was in my truck monitoring the rpms and truck's gauges while my buddies controlled the winch operation from better vantage points than I had) were having some issues with the remote control switch staying in the socket on the winch…I did not give it much thought at the time.

Last night I was wanting to use the winch around the house for some household task I had. But the winch controller was not working properly. It would only work to release the cable, it would not take up cable at all.

I thought it was merely a polarity issue and tried regrounding the solenoid ground. Did not work!

Ended up not being able to use remote cable controller at all. Had to jump the socket connections to get the winch to reel in the cable.

Is this a common problem (remote control switch malfunctioning) with the Mile markers?

I was wanting to get the wireless remote for the winch anyway, seems like this is a good excuse to do so. But is the problem with the remote control cable, or with the switch on the solenoid? If I get the wireless will it remove the problem or will I have to replace the switch? (which would suck since I have only had the piece of equipment on the trail once)
i had an older mm e9000 on my old ford, and that would do the same thing you describe... except that if i gave it time it would start working again. never did figure it out as i sold the winch with the truck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! I started this thread back in April and it has new life!:D

I disected the wired remote and found the cause to this problem. Winch has been working great ever since.

The design of the remote to me is poor. on both the black and orange sides of the control is a molded slot in the rubber for soldered ball end of control wire with a ground plate in the middle of the ends. What happens is those balls fall out of their slots and make poor or constant contact with the ground plate.

I fixed it by just replacing the balls into their sockets and then heated up the rubber housing to reform the sockets. that and bought the wireless remote as I mentioned wanting to do. Haven't used the wireless yet, but I can give my initial impressions of it if there is an interest.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top