TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just completed another epic So Cal TTORA event. The Miller Jeep trail was a good time for sure. Post up any pictures, thoughts on the run, etc.

I'll sort through my pictures and post up this week.
Thanks to every one who came out. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Made it home. Thanks for all of the support!

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
Had a great time on Saturday. Thanks to all those that came out. The rains from the previous day gave us ideal conditions and very little dust.

All my pics are here: http://www.showstop.org/gallery/miller-jun15

My write-up:

Had some delays leaving the house, so I didn't arrive at the meet spot until sometime after 9:15am. Rounded everybody up and headed to the trailhead. Every aired down, had our driver meeting and we headed up the trail.

The first part of the trail was about the same including the switchbacks. Mike had some overheating issues after the switchbacks, so we stopped a few times before making it to Kabob Hill. We also had a Jeep join our group. The driver was running solo and felt better joining up with other vehicles.

We stopped at the normal spot for lunch. Crossing Lockwood creek just before the lunch spot was interesting due to the flash flood conditions from the prior day which left lots of mud and flattened bushes.

The Jeep that joined the group-

Several others in the group going through the obstacle-

Going through the second to last obstacle-

Group shot at the top of the hill and an overlook shot towards Hungry Valley OHV-

Spotted this other group playing in the 4x4 obstacle course-

Somewhere along the trail on the way down the mountain, Brandon's truck decided to short out and cause an electrical fire. We towed his truck to the main road and he ended up getting towed all the way home since his truck was inoperative.

Other than that issue, everybody else made it through without any problems. See ya all on the next one!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sweet pics! It was a good day up until...... The truck will be fixed by Big Bear and then we can go out and see what will break next!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Pictures.

I better get my pictures up before the next trip.

Thanks again to everyone who showed up for the Miller Jeep Trail event. Even with a few unexpected difficulties it still turned out to be a Great Trip. Here are a few of the pictures that Daisy took. I am going to have a few repairs to do on the 1990 before the next trip but should be ready for Big Bear. Hope to see you there.

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures that we took. Notice the video and the front wheels of the 1990. My front lockers were on but no locking. Found out that the manual hub on the pass side was not staying locked in position so unless the front locker was engaged I had no front wheel drive. Locker provided the one wheel that was turning. Driver :xsmash:. I think we did most of the trail in 2 wheel so probably contributed to the over heating. Driver :doh:

https://picasaweb.google.com/MandDVanDyne/SoCalTTORAMillerJeep2015?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLWX8NOT6L-0GA&feat=directlink

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sweet pics! I missed out on this trip looked like a good time, it was my weekend to work. Looking forward to the Big Bear trip! One more month!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts