1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TTORA SO-CAL

presents

Miller Jeep Trail

Miller Jeep Trail is located off Interstate 5 about an hour's drive north of Los Angeles. It is quite short -- only three miles, but to get there you first have to take the much longer Lockwood Mountain Trail, which winds over several mountain ridges taking you from the Lockwood Valley to Lockwood Flat. Then the Miller Trail takes you straight up the side of Alamo Mountain. Most of the trails around LA are made up of rocks and shrubs, but this trail takes you up amongst the trees through the Los Padres National Forest.

The trail covers a lot of ground. You will go up and down the local mountains a few times before you make the final ascent. The final ascent up Alamo Mtn is the most difficlut section of the trail. It gets steep, loose and rocky with some potential for hitting the low points and rocker panels on stock rigs pretty hard.
More on Miller

After we complete Miller, we usually hang out at the "skills" area and play around.

Vehicle Minimum Requirements: 4WD, sliders/skids, tow points, 31" tires w/locker

Stock rigs should anticipate some scrapes and bruises.

Meet Point:
Flying J Truck Stop
42810 Frazier Mtn. Park Road
Lebec, CA 93243
N34 49.025 W118 53.150

You'll be able to fuel up here as well as get ice and lunch stuff.

Meet Time: 9:00 am

Total time on the trail varies by group size, but 4-6hrs is typical. We will be stopping briefly for a lunch break. It'll be very warm so pack a few extra bottles of water!!

Pictures of last year's event!​

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm in! MJT is a fun trail and the obstacle course at the end has some pretty cool stuff to climb on.

The List!

1. sparky
2. flyte74
3. Tacoeng
4. graymatter92
5. Rocksurfer
6. Dawson 5
7. BASEjumper
8. bzag
9. ShowStop
10. gofj80
11. wescoastking

·
Registered
213 Posts
If I can find a camping area that I can setup a pop-up trailer I may go. I'm not familiar with the area so if anyone knows of places nearby let me know. I'm looking at Lake Castaic campground, but wondering if there are others.

·
Administrator
18,271 Posts
Lots of options in and around Hungry Valley, however I hate the late night and early morning motorcycle BRAP BRAP BRAP noise. So Los Alamos campground is a good choice.
http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72292

Sites 27-30 would be my recommendation.

There are other options near the end of the run up on Alamo Mountain that are nicer and more secluded, but you would have to drive all the way in, drop off the trailer, then drive out to meet up with the run. At least the Los Alamos campground is freeway close.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Miller Jeep trail is a good time. Sign me up, we're in.

The Hungry Valley offroad playground.

See you there flyte74

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I can find a camping area that I can setup a pop-up trailer I may go. I'm not familiar with the area so if anyone knows of places nearby let me know. I'm looking at Lake Castaic campground, but wondering if there are others.
Valencia Travel Village is on Hwy 126 just west of I-5, they don't allow tents and I don't know if they consider a pop-up a tent. They call themselves a resort so it's kinda pricey at around $50.

Oh and currently I am tentative on going so you can add me to the current list. A.P.T.C. will be joining me so you can add him to the list too.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Too far for you? Garry made it out last year. Just sayin'.
Yeah... I usually make it but may be out this year. I have the kids that weekend and Sat is swim lessons and soccer.

May have to roll the soccer mom mobile out of the garage and go to soccer instead of wheel... boooooo. Maybe i will ramp the curb in the parking lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Urban off roading is better than no off roading at all?

If this was a week later, I'd be aces. Instead I'm stuck at work until the 10th. Bummer, because I love scrapes and bruises.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Someone has to be on "Rock Watch" for you. I'm in.
Good, glad to hear that. I wouldn't trust the "Rock Watching" to any one else. You'll enjoy Miller Jeep trail.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts