TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been having a misfire for a while now i did a compression test on cylinder one and psi was at 30. i took it to my buddy at toyota yesterday and he starts telling me that my valve is sucked in WTF :eek: I never heard of this shit....so i told him to go ahead and adjust the valves and add shims if needed hopefully is just an adjustment, but i wont know that till later today. hoping the valve is not mushroomed if not i have to send out head to a machine shop.. keeping my fingers crossed :confused: anybody with the same info drop your lines...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having same problem on cyl#3, exhaust valve mushroomed my mechanic says. Would have to do a head job to repair and the cam lobe look warn on that valve. How much you think it will cost to get this fixed?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,697 Posts
I'm having same problem on cyl#3 exhaust vale mushroomed my mechanic says. Would have to do a head job to repair and cam lobe look warn om that valve. How much you think it will cost to get this fixed?
Depending on the extent of what needs to be fixed, somewhere around $1500-2000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That price that ShowStop listed is if I did the job myself with the machine shop? Having a mechanic do it would probably be double that price? I'm waiting for the mechanic to give me an estimate.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,697 Posts
That was an estimate for shop work, but a stab in the dark since you provided no vehicle information. The head work is around $300-500 depending on all what is needed. Parts is $200-300 and shop would easily charge $1000 or so for that work. Costs vary by shop and region.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That was an estimate for shop work, but a stab in the dark since you provided no vehicle information. The head work is around $300-500 depending on all what is needed. Parts is $200-300 and shop would easily charge $1000 or so for that work. Costs vary by shop and region.
Thanks for the info. . The Tacoma is a w002 Pre-runner with 240000miles. Only real modification are energy suspension kit and rear anti away bar. K+N filter.
Thanks for the info.The Tacoma pre-runner 2002 2.7L. The only real modification are energy suspension kit and rear anti away bar, k+N filter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts