TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I blowed a head gasket on my 02 tacoma 4x4 2.7. pulled the head to take to machine shop and noticed cylinder 1 is cracked between exhaust valve and spark plugs hole. I can't find a 3rz 4 port anywhere but was able to locate an 8 port 3rz. My question is can I replace the 4 port head with 8 port head if I use the bottom half of intake manifold from the 8 port and use my existing upper intake form my truck?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,583 Posts
Yes, that should work. They changed the porting to improve the air flow to the cylinders. Nothing else really changed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I blowed a head gasket on my 02 tacoma 4x4 2.7. pulled the head to take to machine shop and noticed cylinder 1 is cracked between exhaust valve and spark plugs hole. I can't find a 3rz 4 port anywhere but was able to locate an 8 port 3rz. My question is can I replace the 4 port head with 8 port head if I use the bottom half of intake manifold from the 8 port and use my existing upper intake form my truck?
Hey, how did this work out? I'm kind of in the same boat, but it looks like the injectors are different for the two head, i.e. it would require more than just the bottom half of the manifold. Thanks very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts