TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted on the old board about this, but never got an answer.

What are the dates for Moab next year? There are a few people that I know that would like to go, but need to be able to ask for time right after the first of the year when the vacation calendar gets passed around.

So, when is it!

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
So I posted on the old board about this, but never got an answer.

What are the dates for Moab next year? There are a few people that I know that would like to go, but need to be able to ask for time right after the first of the year when the vacation calendar gets passed around.

So, when is it!

Same time as the past two years?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Ted said:
Same time as the past two years?
October was good. Nice temperatures.

Summer is no good because I'll be in Alaska working, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
AK98Taco said:
October was good. Nice temperatures.

Summer is no good because I'll be in Alaska working, LOL.

Summer is no good because its hotter then hell! LOL This coming from someone that lives in Phoenix. hehe

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Crash said:
Summer is no good because its hotter then hell! LOL This coming from someone that lives in Phoenix. hehe
Man, I don't want to experience Phoenix in the summer. I can barely stand a hot Alaskan summer, with mid 80s temps and 70% humidity.

It's dry out there, though, isn't it?

October, and even November, was nice in Moab.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
October was a good time, the weather was not too hot and not too cold. It always seems to be around the middle of the month, but I would like to get some dates set.

Should we just start throwing out dates or .......

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
October was a good time, the weather was not too hot and not too cold. It always seems to be around the middle of the month, but I would like to get some dates set.

Should we just start throwing out dates or .......
Well, the 9th and 10th, 15th and 16th, and 22nd and 23rd of October are a Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

There's some dates.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AK98Taco said:
Well, the 9th and 10th, 15th and 16th, and 22nd and 23rd of October are a Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

There's some dates.
This year most people had 3 full days of wheeling, some had 4. So other than the weekends, where are the other days going to fall during the month?

When is the bike race? Are there any other events that we want to avoid?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
This year most people had 3 full days of wheeling, some had 4. So other than the weekends, where are the other days going to fall during the month?

When is the bike race? Are there any other events that we want to avoid?
Bike races in 2005:

-Moab Century Tour (early October)
-24 Hours of Moab (mid October)
-Moab Fat Tire Festival (October 27th - 30th)

Foot races in 2005:

-2nd Annual The Other Half Marathon (October 22nd)

Other:

Moab Music Festival, September 2nd - 17th

This is early, so there may be more events coming.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AK98Taco said:
Bike races in 2005:

-Moab Century Tour (early October)
-24 Hours of Moab (mid October)
-Moab Fat Tire Festival (October 27th - 30th)

Foot races in 2005:

-2nd Annual The Other Half Marathon (October 22nd)

Other:

Moab Music Festival, September 2nd - 17th

This is early, so there may be more events coming.
Sounds like it makes no difference, we just set some dates and hope they are not on trails we want to run.

So does anyone have any preferences?

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I don't have a preference either way - so far my calander for October is WIDE open - I just pencil'd in Moab for every weekend!! :xcrazy:

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In all seriousness....

We would like to do a side trip before the Moab run in the area. The campgrounds book up and are already mostly full right now. In the past the Moab run has always been the 3rd weekend of October. If that is what it is going to be, then it would be the weekend of the 15th-16th. If we could settle on the dates it would be very helpfull. I would like to link up with everyone again this year, but without knowing what the dates are it is going to be more difficult.

I know there has been discussion about the bike race thing, but we have lived with it in the past.

Does it sound OK to make the dates for Moab October 14th (Fri) through October 16th (sun). That would give everyone 3 days in Moab, drive on the 13th and 17th.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
AK98Taco said:
Man, I don't want to experience Phoenix in the summer. I can barely stand a hot Alaskan summer, with mid 80s temps and 70% humidity.

It's dry out there, though, isn't it?

October, and even November, was nice in Moab.

I would say it doesn't make a difference when it's 110 outside, but I have been where it was 90 degrees and 90% humidity and that just plain sucked! Nither is good, But I'll take the dry 70 degrees we are having right now all year if I could! :D

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Dry heat is much better!

Last summer In Anchorage we had 40+ days straight of no rain and temps of at least 70*F. On the days that is was bluebird and in the mid 80s, I couldn't stand to be without a cold drink and cold towel to wrap myself in. Unfortunately, working in an office without A/C was torture!

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
In all seriousness....

We would like to do a side trip before the Moab run in the area. The campgrounds book up and are already mostly full right now. In the past the Moab run has always been the 3rd weekend of October. If that is what it is going to be, then it would be the weekend of the 15th-16th. If we could settle on the dates it would be very helpfull. I would like to link up with everyone again this year, but without knowing what the dates are it is going to be more difficult.

I know there has been discussion about the bike race thing, but we have lived with it in the past.

Does it sound OK to make the dates for Moab October 14th (Fri) through October 16th (sun). That would give everyone 3 days in Moab, drive on the 13th and 17th.

I delcare the 14th to the 16 the offical dates :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ted said:
I agree with mike......let's go during other events that don't include mtn bikers....i'm a mtn biker myself so no offense to bikers, just too many potential fight situations....if possible, we should schedule around the 24 hr race...my 2 cent

·
609 Posts
Ted said:
I'll be there mid-March and early June if you fellas are around. I'll bring some good ol Wisconsin beer and brats!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts