TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone wants to go.

I went for the first time with Tacoma world last year and they kinda rubbed me the wrong way...as in 10k posts in a year desk wheeling stuff.

I am not super experienced, I don't want to wreck my only vehicle, and I want to have a relaxing trip easy sight seeing and some badass wheeling.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Hard to say right now, however those of us who usually do our annual Moab trip in June will likely make it this year. More info to follow over the next few months.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am definitely interested in a Moab run this year. It's on my bucket list of things to do while I'm still here in Colorado. I'll looking for more in the coming months...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Would love to make it out to moab. We'll see if time and budget allows.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Did something bad happen?

My dad and I went with Tacoma World last year too, we may have talked to you even, and we had fun.

·
20,355 Posts
Kevin it looks like my brother won't be out til fall but if you want to make a spring trip I would be in.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep! way too many web wheelers and guys who were more interested in the led lights on their trucks than the terrain and enjoying the trails. The added attitude of "it's not a 2nd gen" kinda rubbed me the wrong way too. Then I ended up with the bed rack that BoxRocket fabs up and sells and I am the asshole for it. The guy who won had the wrong bed for the one he won and was going to hack it up before asking if he could get one for his truck. I don't wheel on the web, hell I don't wheel much any more ($ is an issue these days). BUT... I FUCKING LOVE MOAB!!!

I absolutely had a great time on the trails and in camp with the folks I went with. I will go again even if it's when and with the taco guys but I will not participate in their shenanigans. I love the crew here at COttora and want to go with you all.

I was thinking May.

Again LOW KEY wheeling. I have to drive there and back so breakage has to be minimal. I am down for April or June too. We should have a MOAB H.O.W. too...or a couple of them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would definitely be interested in mid to late May. By that time I should be able to throw down some leave paperwork, and find me a more heavy duty trailer to haul the whale. Plus the weather should be nice out there, yes?

·
7,735 Posts
It's always difficult to find a group you like to wheel with. I can't commit to any dates. Too much going on with work and life that changes week to week. It's hard for me to commit to anything 3 weeks out, let alone months.

But if there's dates set and I find out I can make it, I'll post up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep! way too many web wheelers and guys who were more interested in the led lights on their trucks than the terrain and enjoying the trails. The added attitude of "it's not a 2nd gen" kinda rubbed me the wrong way too. Then I ended up with the bed rack that BoxRocket fabs up and sells and I am the asshole for it. The guy who won had the wrong bed for the one he won and was going to hack it up before asking if he could get one for his truck. I don't wheel on the web, hell I don't wheel much any more ($ is an issue these days). BUT... I FUCKING LOVE MOAB!!!

I absolutely had a great time on the trails and in camp with the folks I went with. I will go again even if it's when and with the taco guys but I will not participate in their shenanigans. I love the crew here at COttora and want to go with you all.

I was thinking May.

Again LOW KEY wheeling. I have to drive there and back so breakage has to be minimal. I am down for April or June too. We should have a MOAB H.O.W. too...or a couple of them.
Are we web wheelers because we get a big group together and wheel things like Moab rim, hells gate, behind the rocks, helldorado, trifecta, Hell the year before we had a guy do Britney spears.......

Your attitude sucked the whole time, in fact to point that the Canadians wanted nothing to do with you..... and clearly still doesn't

I broke my truck fairly bad while down there too, drove 4000ish miles to go wheeling, yes I have rock lights so better call me a web wheeler

·
Registered
237 Posts
The added attitude of "it's not a 2nd gen" kinda rubbed me the wrong way too.
WHAT those tacoma World guys know that 1st gens are the best trail tacomas....:lmao:

·
Registered
138 Posts
What kind of builds do you guys want with you?

I have a 96 4runner that is lifted and has 285 AT tires with sliders and bumper but no SAS or cage and I would be going down and back in it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
WHAT those tacoma World guys know that 1st gens are the best trail tacomas....:lmao:
Owned a 03 DCSB TRD and now a 09 DCSB TRD.....2nd gen is better. Just my :2cents: I personally know about 5-6 guys over on TacomaWorld, met and wheeled with them only one time but all were real nice considering they had never met me before.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Would anyone be interested in this?

http://cruisemoab.com/

It's a TLCA sanctioned event and requires a TLCA membership, but it's suppose to be a good time. Thinking about doing this myself.
Yea ive been looking a tthat run seeing that im in a cruiser now. how much is it to join the TLCA?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts