TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow afternoon, as soon soon as I get off of work, me and the wife are headed for Moab!

Myself, Texan1983, and a Jeep guy ( :rolleyes: ) will be in Moab from the 19th - 27th. We'll be on White Rim Trail from the 22nd - 23rd. Anybody is welcome to join us. We're all staying at the Riverside Oasis except for the days and nights that we'll be out on White Rim.

Got the truck all packed up & ready to go!
:D :cool: :D :cool:

MOAB OR BUST!!!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Tomorrow afternoon, as soon soon as I get off of work, me and the wife are headed for Moab!

Myself, Texan1983, and a Jeep guy ( :rolleyes: ) will be in Moab from the 19th - 27th. We'll be on White Rim Trail from the 22nd - 23rd. Anybody is welcome to join us. We're all staying at the Riverside Oasis except for the days and nights that we'll be out on White Rim.

Got the truck all packed up & ready to go!
:D :cool: :D :cool:

MOAB OR BUST!!!
lucky bastard!!
wish i was still going...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I think a number of guys from the utah chapter will be there during that time. So give them a heads up before you leave.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool - thanks for the heads-up. I just posted up on the Utah board.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Cool - thanks for the heads-up. I just posted up on the Utah board.
man, that's a nice rig you got there. that truck has come through some serious tranformation.

got the same jack stands as you:D

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
man, that's a nice rig you got there. that truck has come through some serious tranformation.
I was just thinking about that today...

The last time I wheeled this truck was at Tall Corn, and since then this truck has undergone a complete TRANSFORMATION!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
does that mean that if you push the red buttom you can fly and go underwater?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
nice, i'll be there in a few weeks...gonna be hot though!

have fun be safe

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from Moab tonight.

AWESOME TRIP!

...I'll begin posting pics tomorrow (oops - later today)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We left for Moab on the Afternoon of the 18th, made it as far as York, Nebraska, and stopped for the night. We got to Moab at 8pm on the 19th.

Some pics from the road trip:

. . .​

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
im still jealous.. i was told i had to work.. but work canceled out on me
:rollseyes:

how was the white rim?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Day 1: Moab Rim

Sunday 5/20 - Day 1:

Matt (Texan1983), and Mike (TheMike) didn't show up until the late afternoon on the 21st. I thought me and my wife would just hit some easy trails by ourselves to kill the time until Matt and Mike showed up. Two Jeep guys came up to me and asked me if I wanted to join them for the day. I reluctantly agreed. This was going to be my 1st real 4WD run, on my 1st trail, on my 1st trip to Moab, and they were doing "Moab Rim". :scared:

Not that I ever really have, but from now on, you'll never hear me say a bad word about Jeep guys. These 2 guys (Carl & Chuck) were 2 of the most solid guys I've ever wheeled with. Very smart and conservative wheelers, great spotters!

MOAB RIM:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Day 2: Gemini Bridges / Bull Canyon

Monday 5/21 - Day 2:

Carl & Chuck were going to do "Behind the Rocks", and wanted me to join them again, but with my wheel base and departure angle, I really thought that "Behind the Rocks" would have been pushing my trucks capabilities a little too much, and decided against going out with them - probably a good decision, as I found out when they finally got back from the trail.

So me and Bethany set out on our own, and did...
Gemini Bridges and Bull Canyon:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Day 3 - 4: White Rim Trail

Tuesday 5/22 - Wednesday 5/23, Day 3 & 4:

Matt and Mike showed up about the same time that we came off of Gemini Bridges, and Bull Canyon. The next morning the 3 of us set out on White Rim Trail.

We originally planned for a 3 Day/2 Night White Rim trip. The more we thought about it, the more it seemed like too long, so we cut out trip down to 2 Days/1 Night and camped at "Murphy A" which turned out to be about the best, and most beautiful camp site, with the most amazing view, that you could ask for. Anyone planning on doing White Rim - I would highly recommend trying to reserve this site.

White Rim Trail:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Night 4: Fins & Things night run

5/23 - Fins & Things Night Run:

We came off of White Rim in the late afternoon of the 23rd. We all went back to camp, showered, cleaned up our gear, unpacked all the heavy stuff, proceeded to Moab Diner for dinner, and then hit Fins & Things for a night run.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Lion's Back IS officially closed! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The pics from Fins & Things at night didn't turn out, but here's what we got before it was completely dark:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Day 5: Hell's Revenge

Thursday 5/24 - Day 5:

On Thursday morning, we met up with a group of guys that Mike had wheeled with before - they were from Colorado, and New Jersey. Once again, they were great examples of Jeep Guys. Even though they had no-shit competition rock buggies, they still took their time on every obstacle, and wheeled very smart and conservative. ...Just like I like! We met up with those guys, aired down and hit...

Hell's Revenge

HELL'S GATE:

HOT TUBS:

ESCALATOR:

TIP OVER CHALLENGE:

THE SQUEEZE:

POTATO SALAD HILL:

><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
><
THE END

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Friday 5/25:

Me and Bethany got on the road to head back home, and visit some family in Colorado on the way. Matt and Mike are still in Moab as I'm writing this, so I will expact the Matt will post more pics in this thread upon his return. I took nearly 300 pictures I posted the best ones - but there are more pics with more wildllife, more Anasazi ruins and petroglyphs, and lots of scenery shots, and some more wheeling pics.

We had an AWESOME trip, and we were sad to see our time come to an end. We missed all of those that were originally supposed to be there, but couldn't make it (Lindsay, Josh, and Jolie) - we wished you guys could have been there - especially to throw more Tacos in the jungle of jeeps!

All of my photos can be viewed at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/559214905WDCHIf?vhost=community

1 - 20 of 35 Posts