TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Igor and I made it out to Moab for the first time at the end of May and wheeled the piss out of the place. Had an amazing time. Blew up some drivelines and a CV, but made it back with some great stories, pics and videos. Pics, vids and general trip info BS are up on the CoTTORA board since we crashed a Colorado event for this one. Here's the link:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133507

I think we surprised those Colorado guys the way we hit the ground running. Moab is some killer good time wheeling, without a doubt. Can't wait to go back. We should organize an AzTTORA event there sometime.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll have a kick-ass time there in your rig, Nate! The hot tub on Hell's Revenge is well within your grasp, where we had to pass on it. It had a bunch of super oily water in it when we were there. Imagine trying to climb a 25 foot wall that starts in an oily swimming pool at the bottom barely big enough for your truck to fit in it. I honestly can't see how anybody ever gets out of it. Dropping into that hole is a serious commitment. Crazy, killer good times to be had in Moab. If you guys ever go out there in your sas trucks, I want to be there to see it.

Symon's avatar is a killer shot of him launching out of that big hot tub. Props to you, man.

Then of course, in your trucks you guys could run Pritchett, Rusty Nail, Helldorado, and the other stuff that we couldn't touch in our trucks. If you ever want to go, let me know and I'll either join you, or at least loan you the trail guide book so you can find your way around.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that truck is pretty sweet. Its an extra-cab body on a standard cab frame, with a 3.4 swap and a roughly 3-foot bed. I think the wheelbase is 104" stretched an inch from the stock standard cab configuration. I saw it hit the rear shackle once dropping off of a ledge, and the corner of the rear bumper hit on escalator, but aside from that, that stubby ass end stays off the rocks really nice! I dragged my rear bumper in so many spots there's almost no paint left anywhere on the bottom and outer edges.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts