TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I forgot to get all the stuff off your laptop so I could start weeding through it to post!

I'll get it tonight. I have a lot of work to do on all those this week ;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Post your pix here!

Friday - Elephant Hill or Rusty Nail
Saturday - Steelbender
Sunday - Moab Rim
Don't forget about Pritchett on Saturday ;)

more to come....

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Just dropped Loren at the airport. We both had a great time! I need to cull through the 100s of images we got and find some good ones.

The FJ is stuck in GJ and so far I'm not impressed with the service. After getting jerked around for a tow and a rental car on Monday, I haven't heard from them since I dropped it. When I asked when they would have a look at it on Monday I got, "Well... when our techs get done with the other projects they're workin' on, they'll have a look at it..." They were dancing all around the warranty coverage issue for the tow, repair and car rental, so that should be fun too.

Look forward to hearing how the 9-day :eek: folks fare too!

·
Registered
600 Posts
The FJ is stuck in GJ and so far I'm not impressed with the service. After getting jerked around for a tow and a rental car on Monday, I haven't heard from them since I dropped it. When I asked when they would have a look at it on Monday I got, "Well... when our techs get done with the other projects they're workin' on, they'll have a look at it..." They were dancing all around the warranty coverage issue for the tow, repair and car rental, so that should be fun too.
QUOTE]

How many miles you got on that FJ?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Molly's Rusty Nail Pics

Here are my pics from Rusty Nail! All of them are here: http://cottora.shutterfly.com/3671

Troy, Nate and Shawn (ThatFuckingJeepGuy) all hit it!

The beginning of Riff-Raff. This was the optional obstacle. Thought he main route seemed easier!

The other obstacle on the beginning of Riff-Raff

Shawn got wedged between a Rock and a Hard place on the 2nd obstacle on Riff-Raff. A huge boulder got wedged on his driver side...

Shawn was pinned in there pretty good!

We had to winch him out (actually all of us got winched on this obstacle) But we found a killer winch point. It was a hole in this rock!

Nate gives it a shot...

As does Troy...

Troy takes a snatch-blocked winch...

Then we come to "No Left Turn". There is a cliff off to the side...

Nate coming down the beginning of NLT

It gets tight in there... especially for IFS...

I mean Uber tight!

Troy coming down NLT

Nate getting super tippy at the end of NLT

And this is what Nate thinks of Tippy...

Shawn parked on a wide spot on No Left Turn

Troy's turn to get tippy!

Jeep Arch

The end of Rusty Nail (It dumps you out right near golden crack)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Oooo...

Rusty Nail looks AWESOME.

Great pics BTW! And great driving!

Can't wait till my truck is done. I gotta get back out there.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
How many miles you got on that FJ?
38,8XX.

Soooo, I called and talked to Toyota in Grand Junction to check on the FJ and they said they are, "Having trouble finding the documentation under the power train warranty to cover the repair." Oh, and it'll be around $1800.00... I asked them to look a little harder and that I would be happy to find the documentation for them if they were having difficulty. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
38,8XX.

Soooo, I called and talked to Toyota in Grand Junction to check on the FJ and they said they are, "Having trouble finding the documentation under the power train warranty to cover the repair." Oh, and it'll be around $1800.00... I asked them to look a little harder and that I would be happy to find the documentation for them if they were having difficulty. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Man Eric... you have ALL the luck huh? Meanwhile they are dragging their feet and dicking around which means another day without your fixed FJ. This so sucks. And they better not pull that "Well you have a lift so the warranty on a DIFF is void" Bullshit!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ok so the rest of the RustyNail (Well more like Gold Bar Rim) pics...
(The vast majority are the last 1/3 of this album) http://cottora.shutterfly.com/3671

Nate had to do the goden crack backwards so he could come back and do it proper... However, the crack had other ideas!

And Kids... don't do this at home. (No seriously)

Hittin' it the right way....

Shawn needs his helmet to hang with the "slow" kid!

Since the slow kid was hooked on crack... troy gave him a little pat.

And then Shawn humped him... Poor kid! (I think we'd had too much sun at this point)

The Golden Stairs

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
And don't forget these random pics - courtesy of FJCruzer!

Our Condo was the Bomb! AC, sleeps 8, WiFi, showers, and a pool! You can't go wrong!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Damn looks like a great time.....wish I was there but who would have watched Layla for ya:dunno:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Man Eric... you have ALL the luck huh? Meanwhile they are dragging their feet and dicking around which means another day without your fixed FJ. This so sucks. And they better not pull that "Well you have a lift so the warranty on a DIFF is void" Bullshit!
Talked to the service writer and apparently he's waiting for a call from the regional Toyota rep for the okay to cover the repair under warranty. He said he doesn't see a problem, but had to get the okay :rolleyes: Hopefully will get the thumbs up tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Good to know Eric!

Ok some Top of the world pics....

En-route with Vern the Squirrel

Jody's Brother whoopin' it up!

Shawn (TFJG's) Rig on the precipice...

Vern likes the rubicon!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Okay, enough bitching and moaning! Most of the pics I have are for Elephant Hill are scenic, but I'll have some wheelin' pics from Steelbender and Moab Rim later. Here ya go...

I have to say, once again, I was really happy to be on the trail with all of you. The folks from AZ were great and can't wait to wheel with them on their home ground.

·
Registered
390 Posts
And Kids... don't do this at home. (No seriously)
I remember a few years ago something real simular happening on Yankee Hill, and someone trying to "slap our hands"
lol
I'm REALLY glad it came out OK, but that has to be the most stupid thing I've ever seen. PERIOD. I expect better from you guys.
DITTO

sometimes ya never know.
Other than that, looks like a freakin awesome time :cool:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I remember a few years ago something real simular happening on Yankee Hill, and someone trying to "slap our hands"
lol

DITTO

sometimes ya never know.
Other than that, looks like a freakin awesome time :cool:
For the record RIC.... Troy (the one who you quoted... and I don't want to know how many hours it took you to find that quote just to rub it in) Troy - was against it. We can't tell others what to do...

And you tell me not to acknowledge you on face book? :dunno:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

Look Eric... You found a Crazy Doug sitting on a hill side! How'd you do that? I thought they lived under trucks!

1 - 20 of 241 Posts