TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to plan for an epic Moab trip boys and girls! For those of you with kids in the CCSD, they will not have school the 24th or 25th, thus the reason for our trip. We may leave Wed the 23rd in the late afternoon or evening. More
details to come.......

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Details...Details please :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still working on details. Trying to decide if we spend the entire trip around Moab or more of an overlanding trip starting in Moab and head south towards blanding and Flagstaff. So many choices....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Bobby! I've been looking at all the trails in Moab, they all look fun but I'm really thinking about changing plans and doing Hole in the rock trail.
HITR is called the best Utah has to offer by many. It would fit perfectly into our 4 day window and would be more of an expo style trip vs. Moab just running trails in one region and dealing with crowds. What do you guys think? Check out expeditionutah.com for more info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not one for posting every single detail about the trip planning but a little more noise would be nice! Anyone else able to make this happen? I think I'm set on doing HITR trail (not to be confused with Hole in the rock road). We will leave early Thur Am head south to Flagstaff and then North on 163 into Utah. In Mexican Hat (this would be the only appropriate time to use emoticons but I don't have them on my iPad, Lol) we'll take the 261 to the 95, and head east to the 276. We'll gas up either in Halls crossing or the little airport before heading out on the trail. We'll be on the trail until Sunday then we'll head home. You guys know what to bring, skid plates are now mandatory..... Let's get some interest in this !!!!

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
If I have my rear suspension straight by then I'm in. But given my schedule I'd say I'm 70% right now.

HITR trail looks nice http://youtu.be/gocBLWzsptc

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good Craig......next time it is.

It's getting closer! Bobby.....are you planning on bringing your kids? If I get my roof top tent in time I will have my 6 and 11 year old girls as well as my son Mike. Chuck said his entire brood is going as well. It will be getting into the low 30s at night so make sure you are prepared! We will need lots of fire wood too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds good Craig......next time it is.

It's getting closer! Bobby.....are you planning on bringing your kids? If I get my roof top tent in time I will have my 6 and 11 year old girls as well as my son Mike. Chuck said his entire brood is going as well. It will be getting into the low 30s at night so make sure you are prepared! We will need lots of fire wood too!
I am definitely in, I will have both my kids, Spencer is 10 and Emma is 6. Can't wait till next week.

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
If any of you guys need to barrow a full size spare, just let me know.
I have a a 33" on a OEM steel wheel that I'd let one of you take along if you need it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was hoping to have my RTT before trip but its not looking like it will happen. I'm only getting the tent so I can bring my daughters along, I love my tent cots. I'm not sure what I will do for this trip, guess I'll have to set up a tent every night. I have too many kids.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was hoping to have my RTT before trip but its not looking like it will happen. I'm only getting the tent so I can bring my daughters along, I love my tent cots. I'm not sure what I will do for this trip, guess I'll have to set up a tent every night. I have too many kids.....
Welcome to my world...lol

PM sent.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts