TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have been slacking big time on getting these up. As you may recall I posted up that this was my first wheeling trip in Moab we went in May and all I can officially say that I'm hooked. I went with some good friends one in a 3rd gen 4runner and a buddy with a jeep (he's still cool though). We camped down in Kane creek canyon right at the Kane creek trailhead. We ran Kane creek because it made sense, Fins N Things, and Hells Revenge. Everyone had a blast no major breakage a few scrapes and dings. Met a ton of Colorado people too which was fun. My favorite part was everyone standing around at the Escalator kicking tires waiting for me to go first no one else wanted to start off so I did and it was sweet. And then the guy in the rental four door rubicon that came along and got stuck for ten minutes on Escalator. Finally he goes "Should I lock the axles now?" it was pretty comical. A few pics and links to youtube vids hope you all enjoy them.

Hell's Gate going up

Hell's Gate video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxs6m9h3y-E

Escalator video
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTRE64#p/a/u/2/a48aAynvJ7Q

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sick vids. Can't wait to get on the build of your runner will start once I move in july. i miss moab!!!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
i know that camping spot off kane creek, there a fire pit againts a tall rock with an over hang of sorts to portect it. i've used the flat rock to the left as a dinner table! oh by the way i saw your truck on grant down town one night a while back i was wonderin who it was! nice set up!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looks like a blast! We have to get together and do some wheeling man.

Russ

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know that camping spot off kane creek, there a fire pit againts a tall rock with an over hang of sorts to portect it. i've used the flat rock to the left as a dinner table! oh by the way i saw your truck on grant down town one night a while back i was wonderin who it was! nice set up!
The camp spot you speak of is right near where we were but we got just a bit east of that(literally the only spot on the trailhead of Kane creek canyon). And Yeah a good friend of mine lives off first and Grant I'm sure that's where you saw it. Otherwise I have a secret driveway a few blocks west that I live at.
Russ- If you still have some Corrado's (I know you do) let's race mkII VR6's vs. Corrado's then your truck vs. mine battle royale style on the rocks:cool:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Russ- If you still have some Corrado's (I know you do) let's race mkII VR6's vs. Corrado's then your truck vs. mine battle royale style on the rocks:cool:
I dont have any more corrados...BUT i do have my old turbo mk2vr. Putting it back together as an NA toy. Im down for some racing in the trucks as long as its slow drags...Beat Kyle at Ironclads lol...

BTW what is it with VW guys gone to Toyotas having boxers?
Mine likes to drag too...Hangin out in Troys bagged bulletside

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
How about, "What is it with Toyota guys having boxers??" ;)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts