691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
i think your mistaking moab hill, the moab hill that is in the trail book is really close to rainbow falls (woodland park) but this is a fun place to wheel and there is everything from easy to pretty close to extreme there also, I grew up in Woodland Park so did a lot of partying out there, but i want to know where the pics are from that you have listed as moab rock, cause that looked like it might be fun.

this is the moab rock I'm talking about, and to the right in the pic it gets harder the farther towards the center you get

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think your mistaking moab hill, the moab hill that is in the trail book is really close to rainbow falls (woodland park) but this is a fun place to wheel and there is everything from easy to pretty close to extreme there also, I grew up in Woodland Park so did a lot of partying out there, but i want to know where the pics are from that you have listed as moab rock, cause that looked like it might be fun.

this is the moab rock I'm talking about, and to the right in the pic it gets harder the farther towards the center you get
I maybe misstaking the name. I forget.

Maybe Taylor00 knows.

·
Registered
523 Posts
either way that is a way fun trail. But i want to know where that is where the runner is going up those rocks..................also i know this is a total newb ? but how the hell do you get the pic that big on the page? :confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
They call it moab hill, and its in that link? So you may be thinking of a diff one?

·
Registered
252 Posts
either way that is a way fun trail. But i want to know where that is where the runner is going up those rocks..................also i know this is a total newb ? but how the hell do you get the pic that big on the page? :confused:
The pic of runner on rocks is what I know as moab hill, a spur off illinois gultch trail?

I cant make my pics big either?

·
Registered
523 Posts
i guess only one way to figure out where it is............we'll have to get together and go run that here soon

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its linked from Photobucket. And that is a reduced size from what my camera takes.:D

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess only one way to figure out where it is............we'll have to get together and go run that here soon
I'm down. How about this weekend?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Im pretty sure I'm down as long as the wife will let me since we did just have a baby on last sunday the 13th I'll let ya know when it gets later in the week

·
Registered
523 Posts
the moab hill i'm talking about you don't even have to worry about gates cause you come through rainbow falls and I've never seen it closed so we're good. plus i've been from rainbow falls to rampart couple weekends ago and it was open so

·
Registered
523 Posts
Alright I just went out and got my "Guide to Colorado Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails 3rd Edition" and it looks like the Moab hill that I'm talking about is Missouri Gulch not Illinois and ya and we can start the trail in rainbow falls plus I can show you guys a bunch of other rock climbing spots in rainbow falls

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright I just went out and got my "Guide to Colorado Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails 3rd Edition" and it looks like the Moab hill that I'm talking about is Missouri Gulch not Illinois and ya and we can start the trail in rainbow falls plus I can show you guys a bunch of other rock climbing spots in rainbow falls
I'm down for that.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You should post up a trail run to get other involved in this run as well.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Done, so what time where you guys thinking of meeting up on saturday? maybe 8 am or 9 am and where ya thinking a good meeting spot? 31st and Colorado at Wendy's or McDonalds

1 - 20 of 31 Posts