TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the Moab trip in Sept on Troy's schedule. What's the deal with the White Rim portion of that (how do you sign up, etc.)? Last year at Moab we talked about a White Rim trip. Is everyone thinking of just going along on this one or is there a COTTORA possibility on another date? What do you think?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hmmm... Hawk wanna call and see if you can get permists for a colorado crew the tuesday night before moab - OR the sunday night after??? That would be cool to just have a CoTTORA crew do it!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
hmmm lets see I will be on a big boat somewhere between Puerto Rico and Jamaica that week. I dont think I will make this one!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmmm... Hawk wanna call and see if you can get permists for a colorado crew the tuesday night before moab - OR the sunday night after??? That would be cool to just have a CoTTORA crew do it!
Molly,
Do you have the contact info handy? I'll give it a shot. (Edit - I think I have this covered)

Meanwhile, you peeps that are interested might as well chime in.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
If I go it would be Friday night through Monday night (21-24), so a Sunday campsite would work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the deal, COTTORA. We could be on the trail at the same time as the NORCAL group but they don't have a camp site in the middle of the trail available. There is room for 6 rigs at Hardscabble on the 18th. Then 6 rigs at Airport the next night. I'm thinking that would allow us to get there kind of late on the 18th and make it to camp without too much trouble. The 19th would be a 50 mile day and we probably would not catch the other group unless we started early and they started late. From Airport we would not have far to go to get out so we could probably make some of the activities in Moab on the 20th. Or I guess we could just cruise on out in the dark on the 19th and skip the second campsite if we were so inclined.

Here's the map - http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/upload/island.pdf

Get back to me TODAY or TONIGHT if you are interested and I will book it tomorrow before it gets snagged by someone else.

Sorry Cruz and Prodigy. I wish you guys coul;d get free. But the Cruise does sound nice.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47979

Campsites are VERY hard to come by - usually require a year in advance reservation.
Call the canyonlands-Isle ranger station and ask them-they will tell you how heavy the reservations are. I went during the week of the 4th of july....I only saw 5-6 other trucks, mostly bicyclists... But there are alot of camping sites on the 100 miles trail.

I did that, couple other Moab trails, and the maze section of canyonlands last year. I`ll be checking out CO this year...:D

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
You'll have no problem getting people to fill up the site - start with the CO folks, then go off the waiting list from the other run!

Last year, we were supposed to camp at Hardscrabble, but the road was washed out and the ranger forced us to turn around. It's a LONG day from the Shaffer switchbacks to Hardscrabble. On the up side, we'll get out of there early on the second day and have time to visit maze or dead horse or ...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, the way it is set up is to go counter clockwise if we use both campsites. We'ld finish at Potash. And now that I think about it:doh: , that would mean we would meet the other group head on.

Troy, maybe you could close this thread and send all to the other.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.