TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt really a takeover as participation was limited, but post you pics up here.

Nate, Doug and i got out on Monday night and spent the night at Nates sweet spot on Kane creek. Tuesday we ran chicken corners, hurah pass, lockhart basin and lockhart canyon. We spent the night down south by the water crossing and were treated with some snow. The next day we ran elephant hill with several side hikes. On Thursday it was on to Cliff Hanger, and my lower control arm bolt came loose. Friday Mayhem met up with the group. My truck was in the shop so i rode along with Nate on Hells Revenge. On Saturday we did steel bender, and it lived up to its name, bending Mayhems driveshaft. On the way out of town we hit up top of the world. Nate and i then headed back to Denver, but Doug stayed for one more day. I think he was going to run Fins and Things today. All in all an awsome trip that showed how much i need gears. Am planning on being out there again soon for another week long trip.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i wish i could have gone......:(

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a blast!

Except for the fact that Moab had record lows over the week.

It was between 17 and 25 degrees in the morning in moab, and we were tucked down in a canyon so i am sure it was colder than that there.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
The cold really killed a lot of the desert enjoyment factor, but it was still a great trip in the end.

I just woke up and such, so i still have to un-pack and look over my truck, then i'll get pictures up later this afternoon/evening.

The KM2's did amazing in moab, doing a few steep ass ledges off to the side on hells revenge without even hardly barking a tire, sidewalls were amazing, a few time dropping off a ledge, then turning to get out of it, the tire would fold under the wheel, wheel would ride the slick rock, and the bead wouldn't blow. All in all im very happy with them, minus the fact they're already chunked up pretty good.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Wow running those trails with frost must have made it much more interesting. Bummer about the weather for sure. Pics??? :D

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Wow running those trails with frost must have made it much more interesting. Bummer about the weather for sure. Pics??? :D
There was never any frost on the trails, surprisingly enough :scratches head:

I'll have pics up this afternoon, i may throw a few up for shits and grins here in a min.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, like nate said never any frost. not enough humidity i guess.

Nates truck was amazing on hells revenge. The one ledge we went up it felt like the truck was damn near vertical, but it kept climbing with only a slight chirp of the tires.

Molly, We also ran into Guapotaco on steel bender.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I heard about Guapo and Carl. Fun guys! That power wagon is sick huh?

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I also failed to mention, Eric (Mayhem) almost flopped his junk trying to winch my dumb ass out of the hot tub on hells revenge :p

I know him, and his girlfriend got some really good pictures, i'm looking forward to seeing them.

We also passed Guapo on the way back on i70 before the Colorado Boarder, he was pretty cool when we ran into him on steel bender, but he didnt want much/if anything to do with us at the Diner. Although he looked over my truck pretty damn good lol

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont think he realized that we went with out trucks at the diner.

Molly, that power wagon is awsome as hell, even if it is a chevy frame.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
:worthless

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont have a camera.

I know Nate, and Mayhem have alot of pics. Doug does also, but he is on his way home now.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Awesome Pics. Something to aspire to.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Great pics guys! Glad to see the power wagon in there even!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts