TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time out there. It was a little cold, dipped down into the single digits once or twice but we stayed alive.
Had 3 trucks thursday and friday and had a fourth show friday night for saturdays wheelin.
The wheelers were: Stealth4X4 (John and Mel), AVSfreak (Jay), MrDoug (Doug), and myself.

While I was there we ran:
--Hells Revenge, everybody did Hells Gate as well.

--Cliffhanger

--The Trifecta which consists of: Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim.

Apparently wednesday before I got there Jay and John were running Behind The Rocks and ended up on Pritchett. I believe there were two CV's lost that day.
The rest of the trip there wasn't much more carnage. There was my bumper breaking :roll: and Jay throwing another CV. But thats it. Nothing huge and everyone was able to make it home just fine.

We camped just off of the Behind The Rock trail. A little bit south of town but nestled away inside a small canyon. Great spot. Wish it was warmer though.
Had turkey dinner on thursday night which was awesome. Everything came out perfect! Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Baked potatoes, biscuits.. Everything!

Anyway.. on to the pics.

Down the trail from our campsite.

Thursday.. Hells Revenge and Hells Gate.

2- 98-00 Green single cabs on 35s.. What are the chances? LOL

John lining up for Hells Gate.

Jay making it look easy

The escalator. The obstacle that took out my rear bumper.

After I got up.. :lol:

Sunset.

Dinner

Friday on Cliffhanger:

The doublecab makes the ledge look small

Now thats some rear axle droop.

The view from our break spot

Approaching the main cliffhanger obstacle.

Getting white knuckeled just looking at this.

One of the Mountain Bikers dogs..

And sunset on the cliffs

Next day on The Trifecta

Jay

Doug

We made this optional line look pretty easy

Later on.. jay tried posing and almost flopped.

The golden crack!

Sunset that night

Thats all I got. Was a great time. Hope to go back next year.. when its warmer..
Heres the link to the album. Soon I'll upload them in full res and post that link..

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/Moab Turkey Takeover 2010/

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full Res pictures are up! Do with them as you please, fellow wheelers.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/Turkey Takeover Full res/

hehe, theres even a couple non PG ones that I didn't want to upload with the first album. Such as..

John changing a CV
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/Turkey Takeover Full res/DSCN1055.jpg

And Jay being.. Jay?
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/Turkey Takeover Full res/DSCN1070.jpg

LOL. Had a great time John, Mel, Jay, And Doug.
Thanks for being patient with me and my copious picture taking :D

See you guys next time!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
We finally made it to a hotel with reliable internet access, back out in Alpine, CA to find this thread. Moab was a lot of fun for me, as always. Melanie, overall not so much even though we had some fun times mixed in there that put a smile on her face. Great to wheel with you guys and get in a little Moab fun. Technically we fit in 7 complete trails this trip, and a little section of an 8th and 9th by accident. Hahaha. I'll try to get to work on pics and vids, but it'll be a while.

Cheers!

·
20,355 Posts
As always cannt wait for your vids John. Hopefully I can actually make the next Moab excursion.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Jay your rims are too shiny! :D

Looks like a blast. Glad everyone had a great time and made it out without too much damage.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
they are a little bling for my taste, but like others have told me, with how dark everything else is on the truck a little bling for accent is nice :D besides, the price was right and they were exactly what i needed.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sorry so slow getting to the footage guys. They are working me long hours through the weekend, and the reporting at the end of the day is killing my evenings in the hotel after work. Still doing homework from the day and I have to get up a 0415 in the morning. Drag.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Just a couple pics from camp the first morning we were in Moab (after the night it snowed)

Saw this on the drive out to Moab and it made me laugh... Who'd have thought BLM had a reefer division.

·
20,355 Posts
Great pics so far! keep them coming. Cant wait to get out to BTR again and actually drop it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You and me both... the snow made it sketchy on some of the bigger downhill obstacles so we passed on High Dive and White Knuckle until a drier, less snowy day. But we still looked 'em over for a good long time.

·
20,355 Posts
Yeah, I kick myself over White Knuckle, should have dropped it.

JeepGuy didnt want to though, so we passed.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If not for the snow, white knuckle didn't look that bad with my wheelbase that day. But it was pretty heavily stacked though. Unstacked it'd be something to contend with -- but I think, still do-able esp. with the long wheelbase. I can see why a guy in a heap would pass on it, or at least take a strap to the bumper.

·
20,355 Posts
His heap is longer than a std cab though, about what I am shooting for wheelbase wise with my truck.

It was completely unstacked when we rolled up on it though. If ya cannt do it unstacked you probably shouldnt be doing it in the first place.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts