TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd throw some pics here.
Had a great time out with Jay (AVSfreak) and Doug (Mrdoug) from Colorado and John (Stealth4X4) and his wife Melanie from Arizona.

Note, It is VERY cold in Utah during November.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/Moab Turkey Takeover 2010/

If anyone likes any of the pictures for desktop background sake.. Heres the full res stuff ;)
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/Turkey Takeover Full res/

And yes, my rear bumper failed. Fuck off. :flipoff4:

Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Looks like an awesome trip! Wish I could have gone!
Next year, we'll have to go together.

...when did you get 35's?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Nevermind - I just looked at your garage thread, and tubbing thread. Nice work!
...I gotta do this, but I'll pay a shop to do it since all my fenders, and the front floor pan, and both bumpers will all have to be cut, welded, and refinished. I want to do 34's with no more lift.

...but of course I need to regear F&R, and might as well put an ARB up front while I'm at it, blah, blah, blah, $$$, $$$, $$$...

BACK ON TOPIC:
Was this your 1st trip to Moab?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like an awesome trip! Wish I could have gone!
Next year, we'll have to go together.

...when did you get 35's?
I think they were delivered october 25th :D

Nevermind - I just looked at your garage thread, and tubbing thread. Nice work!
...I gotta do this, but I'll pay a shop to do it since all my fenders, and the front floor pan, and both bumpers will all have to be cut, welded, and refinished. I want to do 34's with no more lift.

...but of course I need to regear F&R, and might as well put an ARB up front while I'm at it, blah, blah, blah, $$$, $$$, $$$...

BACK ON TOPIC:
Was this your 1st trip to Moab?
Yes yes, my garage thread. Get up to speed, hot shot. :p

And yeah, first trip to Moab! It was a BLAST! I was in my zone, pushing the truck to, no doubt, near its limits.

Need help with some tubbing? Some of my other welds may be shit, but sheet metal? Thats right up my alley :lmao:

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

not even close. and that was your 'zone'?!? trucks move faster in a school zone than you. :rolleyes:
:rofl: and no wonder you have never broken a CV you took all the bypasses and drove slower than molasses in the freezing temps we had out there. :D

·
20,355 Posts
:rofl: and no wonder you have never broken a CV you took all the bypasses and drove slower than molasses in the freezing temps we had out there. :D
:lmao:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yep, I love living and working out west where I have been fortunate enough to get in on some pretty incredible wheeling in several western states. But let me tell you... Moab is worth the drive across the country. If you can figure out a way to make it sometime -- do it.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Yep, I love living and working out west where I have been fortunate enough to get in on some pretty incredible wheeling in several western states. But let me tell you... Moab is worth the drive across the country. If you can figure out a way to make it sometime -- do it.
im still trying to transfer schools and havent decided really on where to go, so im still hoping to make it out west either during or after this college career

·
Registered
468 Posts
What broke on the rear bumper? I couldn't see that pic. I trust it wasn't Nebbie's welds on the side protection bars we put on?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What broke on the rear bumper? I couldn't see that pic. I trust it wasn't Nebbie's welds on the side protection bars we put on?
Naw it wasn't anything he did.

Damn thing broke off where the 4X2 tapers down to 2X2 and starts the wrap around:

It was insufficient prep between said 4X2 and 2X2 that lead to that failure.
Its back on and looks like it did before. I'll be reinforcing each side with a traingular shaped piece on the top and front of the bumper that will scab over it and also be a nice place for D shackle mounts on the bumper.
Beefer construction and setup for future mod.. its a win win.

Live and learn with welding prep...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts