TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
So what ended up being your trail list? You did fins, did you go and do hells revenge as well?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So what ended up being your trail list? You did fins, did you go and do hells revenge as well?
Cant remember all we did? Fins, 7 mile rim, Bartlet canyon, and some other ones? Oh went and played in the dunes for a while out at white wash.
Nice:cool:

You need a hitch slider:)
Why what do you mean, I thought the hitch was a slider?:confused:

·
20,355 Posts
nice.

and the hitch is a slider. one of the most effective ways to protect the rear of the truck when you are just getting into the harder wheeling.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice pics chad , oh , and you suck too!!! Lol
Thanks Dave.....
5 months til I get back out there.

What are your plans this time?
Well, seeing as this trip I wont be making a run down to Phoenix there will be a lot of more time to wheel, last year we only had 3 days in Moab. We will be getting in on the 6th and staying until the 16th, 10 DAYS! As for which trails the 2nd half of Fins, Hells Revenge, 7 mile. I'm sure there will be more but the above is a good start!

·
20,355 Posts
Since you missed it the first go around I would definately hit Hells this time. It is as wild or mild as you decide to make it due to the hard obsticales all being optional.

Cliffhanger is a personal favorite of mine, but that will be pushing it a bit more than you did last time.

Elephant hill is way down south, but a great trail to hit if you are into scenery. Needles district is by far my favorite part of canyonlands national park.

Steelbender is another trail I would look at this go around.

Here is a link to a site that has quite a bit of good info on the trails in moab.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Excellent! Yeah I should be able to do some tougher runs this year , the truck will be more equipped for it. The much better departure angle will help a lot since I cut the bedsides and high clearance the rear. Once the front bumper goes on the armor will be complete so much more protected this go. Whats your knowledge on doing a night run, any experience?

·
20,355 Posts
I do night runs all the time. Are you asking Moab specific or just in general?

You have to be careful in Moab with night runs though due to the abundance of cliffs that you need to make sure you avoid.

If you want a little off camber check out moab rim, Z turn and Devils crack are the only really hard parts, but coming down can get interesting.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Done plenty of night runs was more Moab specific. I was wanting to know which ones? I think Moab rim would be a good call. We have a friend from Summit County coming out to make the run, should be interesting watching his 2nd gen DC/LB out there.:D

·
20,355 Posts
Moab rim may be a handful for you guys.

The only night run I have done in Moab has been Cliffhanger, but we run that trail everytime I head out there.

I have always wanted to run the first part of fins at night.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Moab, a dream destination...enjoy!

A bit out of my range, both mileage and price.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well just a short 4 weeks away and Moab bound! The truck has come along nicely and will be ready this year for some better runs. I hope to make it out to RC this summer and wheel with some of you PA guys since no freeze run this year!:cool:

and a couple of structure shots during the process. We managed to get this done in 2 days and pretty happy with the turn out.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts