TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going out to the Mojave Preserve for a Pre run for our 4th Annual Toyota120 Mojave Road trip. Plan is to hit up the Caruthers Canyon to get some GPS coordinates for the lady at the National Park Service for our camping spot(s) and will most likely run part of the Mojave Road as well. I think while I'm out there, I'll probably go scout around in 4th of July Canyon as well.....seeing that it's not that far away. :D

So, if anyone wants to go, we'll leave out of Henderson, head the back way in through Searchlight, up to Nipton, and then over to the New York Mountains and Caruthers Canyon. :driving::missingto

Meet @ Findlay Toyota
9:00 - 9:17 am, leave by 9:45 am.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump!!!!​

:driving: :driving: :kewl: :missingto​

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who else wants to go???? :confused: :driving:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive never been out there so count me and the pup in. hopefully I will have welded my rear end by then.

Cool.....but that's got to hurt!!! :welder::welder: :wiggle: :lmao::rofl:

I *should* be able to go. Count me as a maybe.

Right on.....Aren't you going on the big trip too??!! You really need to finish the entire trip one of these days!!! :rolleyes:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1: Robert & dog(s)(my034runner)
2: Scot & Lorit (scot45)
3: Jesse & dog (ExoToy)
4:
5:
6:
7:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the stock market keeps rallying like it did today I might be able to afford this run. I haven't been to those trails before.

It would be nice to have you out........but, alas........gas has gone up again!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well it's still summer time. Last year the biggest gas price decline started in early October.

We should all pray to the Wall Street gods asking for a long lasting rally.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it's still summer time. Last year the biggest gas price decline started in early October.

We should all pray to the Wall Street gods asking for a long lasting rally.

Yeah.....ummmm....I'm not changing the run to October!!! :rolleyes:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So....just checking to see if this is the final list of folks who want to go out with me for our Toy120 Mojave Pre-Run....
If there is anyone else interested in going....you know what to do. :rolleyes: :D

4:
5:
6:
7:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will my Taco make it.

I'd like to get out on a trip and actually meet some of the guys, but I can't go too rough. My Taco is stock, and my only ride to boot. If I break it, I'm way up a creek. So what's the verdict? Is this tame enough for a completely stock truck and a somewhat novice driver? Thanks!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd like to get out on a trip and actually meet some of the guys, but I can't go too rough. My Taco is stock, and my only ride to boot. If I break it, I'm way up a creek. So what's the verdict? Is this tame enough for a completely stock truck and a somewhat novice driver? Thanks!

You'll be fine.....won't be the first stock I've taken through there!!! :xpimp::driving:

Do you have any communication?? A CB at least, would be good. You'll need one eventually.....might as well get a radio and antenna now, if you can.
If not, no worries, we'll put you in the middle...between those of us with comms.

Copy and paste your info into the list of people going :D.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where can I get a CB for a low price?

Oh, updated list.

4:Ray & Ashley & dog (Tacoma Hawk)
5:
6:
7:

Radio World in Boulder City. Make sure to get a good antenna. Thats most important thing!! The Wilson 1000 is the best. :2cents::2cents::2cents:

What kind of dog do you have??

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Hawk, if your N Las Vegas then I would check out the truck stops. Thats where I got my stuff at. The truck stop by the speedway has a good selection.

Mike

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My dog (Shadow) is a German Sheppard/Collie/Rotweiller mix, but she is primarily sheppard and collie.

Here's a picture.
http://stucksomewhere.deviantart.com/art/Puppy-in-the-Sun-132270416

As far as Boulder City, that's a heck of a drive (N. Las Vegas) for me. I'll drop by the nearest RadioShack and see what I can do.

Radio Shack doesn't have shit!! And the crap they do have is...well....crap!! :rolleyes::2cents::2cents::2cents:
So, Mikes suggestion is probably good, try the truck stops down there in North town.
Or, I think I might still have an extra Cobra STWX-75 for sale as well. Just need a good antenna.....again, the Wilson 1000 is the best, but there are others...:2cents::2cents:

Cool dog, is she dog friendly??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts