TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our media is blaming your guys gun policies and lack of stringent gun control here for the shooting. What a crock of sht...:(:mad: I blame the loser who did it, THE END PERIOD. In bold is a quote from the CBC our national broadcaster.:2cents::2cents::2cents:

The tragedy and the manhunt captured the world’s attention, not just for its horror, but for its American familiarity: a mass shooting allegedly at the hands of what some have described as a gun-loving, resentful man with a chip on his shoulder and a disdain for authority.

And still most Canadians, riveted to unfolding events, think: This isn’t us.

This is them, our militia-inclined neighbours to the south and their passionately defended constitutional right to bear arms and their deranged lone gunmen, the losers who shoot up public schools and fast-food restaurants and post offices and movie theatres, all in some wretched eruption of vainglory, for nothing more than infamy, a name in the annals of mass murder.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW I just re read the in bold again and I am disgusted today to be a Canadian. A mentally ill fckstick here is just as capable of mass murder as a mentally ill fckstick in any other country. I am so sick and tired of comparisons to and/or blaming America when anything here happens with guns. Just as strict drug laws have nothing to do with addiction rates - you guys have the strictest drug laws in the free world and the highest rate of addicts/users. The same can be said about strict gun laws - we have them and shooting rampages still happen.
AS CANADIANS WE OWN THIS AS YOU GUYS ARE IN THE CLEAR AND INNOCENT.:2cents::2cents::2cents:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Welcome to the new world my friend. Even here, on a small island of 60,000 it is amazing how much gun crime is in the police blotter.

Most of my life all the hunters had guns and there was no issue. The meth heads will make our laws here even more strict:mad:

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the new world my friend. Even here, on a small island of 60,000 it is amazing how much gun crime is in the police blotter.

Most of my life all the hunters had guns and there was no issue. The meth heads will make our laws here even more strict:mad:
I have hunted and fished my whole life and never even considered pointing a firearm in the direction of another human. Once people lose respect for human life its all downhill.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have hunted and fished my whole life and never even considered pointing a firearm in the direction of another human. Once people lose respect for human life its all downhill.
the usa doesn't have any respect for human life other than the own of its own country.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the usa doesn't have any respect for human life other than the own of its own country.
I am just a simple man who has made a living with his hands and not his brains but that's not my experience with Americans I know and have met.:)

·
Registered
982 Posts
The difference in attitudes of the citizens in our countries is high lighted in this incident. I'm pretty sure had some nut shot a police officer in a neighborhood around here and then paraded down the street, he wouldn't had made it a block before some citizen dropped his ass in the street with a deer rifle.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The difference in attitudes of the citizens in our countries is high lighted in this incident. I'm pretty sure had some nut shot a police officer in a neighborhood around here and then paraded down the street, he wouldn't had made it a block before some citizen dropped his ass in the street with a deer rifle.
Just about every house where that happened would have hunting rifles/shotguns but we have no right to shoot anybody for anything and that's not in the general populations thought process that's just how it is here (guns here are legal for hunting only, the end). To be honest I would have to fight every instinct I have to even point a gun in the direction of another human civilian (send me to war and I am an enemy killer like my relatives before me, no doubt whatsoever). I have no problem with fist fighting playing hockey, It was kind of my thing when I was younger. Lots of Americans deplore hockey violence, everything is perspective and personal experience. Lots of people here live their entire lives without ever even holding any kind of gun and they are proud of it. I think they are missing the boat but who am I to judge, different strokes for different folks. I am so open minded I joined the NRA a year ago to see what it was about, now they are stalking me and want me back.;):) I will give you an I agree on the somebodys hunting rifle lead poisoning the bastard but once again its not in our mind set here and I am not sure I could kill someone who was no threat to me whatsoever (he never threatened any civilians whatsoever). I am not a cop and he only wanted cops.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW he shot 5 cops and killed three of them. He never went after the general public in any way. No civilians were harmed. By all accounts he was very experienced and had an accurate shot. He could have killed as many civilians as he had bullets.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't see what the United States has to do with some deranged lunatic.
I couldn't agree more bro. The worlds media has it in for America when it comes to gun anything. It pisses me off and I am Canadian. Its akin to saying every Canadian lives in an igloo and eats whale blubber for breakfast. If I were a close minded idiot and listened to our news like it was gospel then I would be led to believe its all Americas fault. To me that is a crock of sht.
I would be embarrassed if you guys were seeing our news on this.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I don't see what the United States has to do with some deranged lunatic.
Looked at the White House lately????:D

All kidding aside, you can't fix crazy, and in the reality that the world has what- 7-8 BILLION people??? Even if one in 10 million is wired incorrectly and goes crazy, that's a lot of crazy..... but at the same time, still very rare.

More Canadians were killed yesterday in car crashes. At least one of those was a drunk driver. So what/ who kills more every year???? Let's be honest about this.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BTW he shot 5 cops and killed three of them. He never went after the general public in any way. No civilians were harmed. By all accounts he was very experienced and had an accurate shot. He could have killed as many civilians as he had bullets.
If a person is shooting police officers (And VERY peace-minded officers, as Canadian officers have been credited for) then it IS the public's duty to step up and help to protect those officers who would step up daily to help the public.

I would not imagine a world in which a police killer would draw much more than a "Well, he's gone, and we have some questions to answer and an investigation to do. But in the meanwhile, let's grab a beer, eh?"

While I'm not at all fond of some police actions, their job is not in general all roses and butterflies, so I am understanding that they are in a strange position, and I try to give them some due respect and deference. They respond and help a lot of people in the big scheme of things. To return the favor and help them with any genuine problem is a small gesture. And if there was a cop killer in my midst?? That fella will kill ANYONE. If I had a chance to stop him??? I'd do my best.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If a person is shooting police officers (And VERY peace-minded officers, as Canadian officers have been credited for) then it IS the public's duty to step up and help to protect those officers who would step up daily to help the public.

I would not imagine a world in which a police killer would draw much more than a "Well, he's gone, and we have some questions to answer and an investigation to do. But in the meanwhile, let's grab a beer, eh?"

While I'm not at all fond of some police actions, their job is not in general all roses and butterflies, so I am understanding that they are in a strange position, and I try to give them some due respect and deference. They respond and help a lot of people in the big scheme of things. To return the favor and help them with any genuine problem is a small gesture. And if there was a cop killer in my midst?? That fella will kill ANYONE. If I had a chance to stop him??? I'd do my best.
Taking the job as a policeman you well understand that you will spend your days driving around as a marked man for every douchebag with a disdain for authority. If that is a problem for you or if you have a problem with crazys wanting you dead then choose another career, straight up. Its a choice and they made it of free will. Same with joining the military, if you are sent to war and people try to kill you guess what - you signed up for that by your own free will knowing fully the potential consequences of such a career choice (DUH).
I feel bad that cops were murdered just for being cops but that in no way surprises me, its an accepted risk taking the job and the publics $$ for doing it. Here they are compensated very well $$$ for risking their lives. They are not doing it solely for the good of the public they are doing it for a generous paycheck (here over $100 000 a year on average). To me that is fair compensation for the risk they choose to take which absolutely includes getting killed in the line of duty.
This douchebag in particular was no threat whatsoever to the general public, he never fired a round at anybody but police and in my opinion they are paid very well to deal with the bullets, that's the career they chose and its their job/duty to do so. As a member of the public here I have no interest in gun fighting lunatics, that's why we have police and its their job to deal with it. We are not allowed to shoot anybody for any reason, that's what our cops are paid for. I would go to jail here for shooting that douche in my backyard whether he is armed or not, that's how our laws work here and in most of the rest of the western world. You guys have a unique gun culture compared to the rest of the west.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Not in Canada.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not in Canada.
As citizens here we don't have the legal right or mind set to shoot other citizens for any reason. Even that lunatic never fired a round at citizens just the police (a paramilitary organization whose sworn volunteer duty it is to deal with it). Not one of the citizens he walked by fully armed said he even made eye contact with them. He had no disdain for other citizens whatsoever just the police . Citizens here never voluntarily signed up to gun fight lunatics BUT THE POLICE DID OF FREE WILL FOR BIG PAYCHECKS $$$$. To me its no different than a truck driver getting killed on the road in an accident, its a routine part of the job - truck drivers are killed driving all the time in the line of duty (doing their job).
BIGGEST DIFFERENCE HERE IS WE ARM OUR POLICE IN PUBLIC AND NOT OUR CITIZENS. BECAUSE OF THIS ITS THEIR DUTY TO MAN UP WHEN THE BELL RINGS.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Not in Canada.
If I have the means to protect someone....... I am doing so. Don't quite give a shit where on earth I am. If I have the means to meet force with an applicable response???

Don't walk in front of my truck. Don't be close enough to me to accidentally mistake you for a maple log (Canada; wood cutting is not a crime I suppose), and IF I can smell you from 20 yards away, you most likely are a moose, and it's moose season. Oh, my bad; all that noise from you was not your antlers getting stuck in a kids' swing set. Turns out you were just an asshole. So sorry. I'll look a little closer next time.:rolleyes:

And if you fancy sending me to prison??? Fair enough. I will be pretending it's Vietnam in reverse, and I will be fleeing to Texas, and seeking asylum. "Your honor, I was threatened by a man who KILLED a police officer, and was threatening our safety as well. If you send me back north, I will be jailed and beaten, and made a scapegoat for a cop killer...."

'The court hereby grants the crazy Polack from Canada asylum, and as a parting gift will offer him either a 45 revolver, or a 30-30.':cool:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Whats the chance of this happening down there? Our prison guards never fired a round at the helicopter. They just let it fly away.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/quebec-police-search-for-3-inmates-after-helicopter-jailbreak-1.2668653
In any state sized prison, larger county size prison or federal prison, that bird would be dead right where it landed. There would be no question as to whether to disable it. Helo's are rather fragile little hummingbirds in reality. I have seen them put down a couple of times, and it doesn't take much. A friend is a Sherriff's mechanic for Los Angeles, based in LB airport. Their birds have to set down from hydraulic leaks and electrical glitches with regularity. They don't crash land, but they land RIGHT NOW, lest they lose some control function and then crash.

Your guards were PAID OFF. No one just times it so well that several prisoners are in the yard, unsupervised so they can be whisked off by helos in any facility other than a work farm. Even there, it's got to have an insiders' help.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
In any state sized prison, larger county size prison or federal prison, that bird would be dead right where it landed. There would be no question as to whether to disable it. Helo's are rather fragile little hummingbirds in reality. I have seen them put down a couple of times, and it doesn't take much. A friend is a Sherriff's mechanic for Los Angeles, based in LB airport. Their birds have to set down from hydraulic leaks and electrical glitches with regularity. They don't crash land, but they land RIGHT NOW, lest they lose some control function and then crash.

Your guards were PAID OFF. No one just times it so well that several prisoners are in the yard, unsupervised so they can be whisked off by helos in any facility other than a work farm. Even there, it's got to have an insiders' help.
gee...ya think? :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts