TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a vid together after i get all the pics from everyone. heres what i have now..

We started the day by getting stuck in the Tour de Ft crap in Ft.Collins. What shit show!!!.

We met Lauren and Kyle in LePort and headed up.

And were off!

Wish i got more of Barts truck but he seemed to be hiding most of the run

We met this guy at the trail head...pretty cool guy. I guess hes on CO4x4

Waiting on pics of my truck in here...I have a vid but thats it.

The face was for effect..she was fine about the whole thing.

Was a great run. Jay and his girl were in the green 95 Bart and Daniel in the blue/gray 88 Lauren and Kyle in her taco and Wendy and I in my truck.

Everyone but Bart ran the Quarry and Jay and I hammered out That rock wall. Had a strap just in case but neither of us needed it.

It was my first time on this trail and i have to say i really liked it and will run it again this year. Video coming As soon as i can get everyones pics and video.

Russell

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Awesome pics. Bummed I never got up to do Crystal and Moody this year!

·
Registered
40 Posts
damn that sure looks fun. i just moved up to the fort and have been wanting to run that..nice pics.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Had a lot of fun on this trip! :D Pretty proud of myself for doing the quarry. And can't forget about my first body damage either...lol Luckily nothing extreme!

I'll work on getting more of my pictures uploaded tomorrow but you can see the small damage from the Quarry in this pic, about the size of a golf ball under the taillight. Left a bit of body paint and a lot of slider paint on the trail lol

Easy fix though.

·
20,355 Posts
Looks Like it was a great time. I love that trail, let me know when you head up there next.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my favorites in the area for sure. Its got a mix of stuff and fun for everyone. you can push hard or have a nice trail ride.

Lauren- Glad you did the Quarry and were a trooper about the ding.

Ike im not sure how late its open but i get back from Hawaii the 6th if you wanna do a run im up for it

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Lauren- Glad you did the Quarry and were a trooper about the ding.
Thanks! :D Gives me an excuse for a rear bumper now, just need to decide which one I want...which I'm having a surprisingly hard time with lol

·
20,355 Posts
Thanks! :D Gives me an excuse for a rear bumper now, just need to decide which one I want...which I'm having a surprisingly hard time with lol
That is one of the most comon first body damage spots for this club it seems. I got my first dent there and in that spot. I have been happy with my 4xinnovations rear bumper thus far, but that said at this point I personally would just build my own.

·
7,735 Posts
yup... I'm pretty sure I know exactly what rock bit you...

Russ, I can't believe you've never run that. It's a great shake down trail.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant believe i have never run it either..Really enjoyed it and walked away with no body damage on mine

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
yup... I'm pretty sure I know exactly what rock bit you...

Russ, I can't believe you've never run that. It's a great shake down trail.
Yeah it was weird, even with a large crowd on my left side, everybody including myself thought it was just the bumper hitting. Which it did get a little scratch too, but nobody could even see the body getting hit which was weird lol

I was thinking about getting one built, but at this point I'm not sure how long that would take.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it was weird, even with a large crowd on my left side, everybody including myself thought it was just the bumper hitting. Which it did get a little scratch too, but nobody could even see the body getting hit which was weird lol

I was thinking about getting one built, but at this point I'm not sure how long that would take.

If I remember correctly i was sayin..." hey your about to get in to your bed side...That dudes wife was like no no its the bumper.

I say buy one..much easier unless you have a bender. Go see scotty He can build you what you want.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I couldn't make it Sat (and I'd have done nothing but slow you guys down), but I was up there Sun for the first time. Started up Moody and got to that first little ledge the pic above shows Jay going up from the rear, at which point I bailed. One vehicle, inexperienced person to spot, late in the day... Just wasn't sure I could do it open/open without hitting something. Is that the worst spot aside from the quarry? IS that doable with a bone stock truck (I'd have sworn it's been discussed as a stock friendly run)?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
lauren dont feel bad! you should see my behind my bumper were i jammed it in to the bed... and i also have the same scratch! lol

i had a bunch of traction issuse comming out of the quarry damn pro comp tires!!! pos!

·
20,355 Posts
I couldn't make it Sat (and I'd have done nothing but slow you guys down), but I was up there Sun for the first time. Started up Moody and got to that first little ledge the pic above shows Jay going up from the rear, at which point I bailed. One vehicle, inexperienced person to spot, late in the day... Just wasn't sure I could do it open/open without hitting something. Is that the worst spot aside from the quarry? IS that doable with a bone stock truck (I'd have sworn it's been discussed as a stock friendly run)?
Yep, that is the worst spot, and with the right line it is not bad. I have been with many bone stock open open trucks who have made the entire trail without issue.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, that is the worst spot, and with the right line it is not bad. I have been with many bone stock open open trucks who have made the entire trail without issue.
Ikes right. Barts open open no sliders and didnt have any issues at all. Anything harder then that or that hard from where we went had a bypass. i wanna hit this again so if you fuys wanna get something going for anytime but the 18th of this month and 28th-6th ish im up for it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If I remember correctly i was sayin..." hey your about to get in to your bed side...That dudes wife was like no no its the bumper.

I say buy one..much easier unless you have a bender. Go see scotty He can build you what you want.
I remember that actually...Oh well, nothing to get bent out of shape over. Pun intended. Ha.

lauren dont feel bad! you should see my behind my bumper were i jammed it in to the bed... and i also have the same scratch! lol
Ouch!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts