TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
7,735 Posts
20 min of flailing, John takes another pound out and I crawl up it. I can almost here Nate/Ike saying "I told you so" from here.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha, I hear you Doug. It can get to a point where letting out more air just robs you of ground clearance without adding any traction too. So you do want to strike the balance just right if you can. Main thing is I think those tires just don't bite in very well at any pressure. But yeah, that was pretty impressive the difference it made. I literally just poked at the valve stems with a pebble for a count of 15 seconds on each tire. Couldn't have been more than a pound or two, but what a difference!

·
20,355 Posts
Nah, i have never spend half an hour on a 50ft stretch of it:D

and i have only run it 3 or four times in the past two years now, half of those just to camp

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug is trying to make a wheeling career out of the quarry:rolleyes:
To be fair, the conditions up there in the rain were tricky. Also, it does make a difference Ike that Doug's tires are about 3 1/2 inches shorter than yours and he is open in the front. :rolleyes:

Check out the big ego on Ike lately. :p A bed bob, front locker and a set of big tall tires and all of a sudden Ike's the man. Hahaha. Just fuckin' with you Ike. Oh, and Doug's still a better spotter! Hahaha! :flipoff4: Seriously, you guys are both great fun to wheel with. Really glad you came out and showed us around!

Honestly though, with regard to Doug's ride... From watching the videos, I am noticing those cranked coilovers and stiff Alcans aren't allowing Doug's truck to use all of the travel very readily. From watching the vids, it looks like his spring rate is too stiff, so his uptravel is limited and the stiffer springs are bouncing tires more than they would ideally. Stiff spring, tire bounces and lightens or even leaves the ground entirely when a softer spring and more readily available uptravel would keep them in contact better... Check the vids and see if you see what I am seeing. But that's what it looks like to me. Beat those heavy springs into submission so they settle some more, then add a longer set of rear shackles to get your rake back. Maybe next season they'll have settled in better, Doug. Of course, by then you'll be wheeling Jr. so it won't matter.

·
20,355 Posts
Just giving Doug shit. i tried to tell him today that i think his truck will do better if he drops the front a bit. and i have run the quarry in the rain without the big tires and front locker many a time:flipoff1:

So close to home, i have the lines fairly well memorized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts