Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't forget to take the poll. Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Crash said:
If you are planning on coming to AZRocks 05. Please go to the Southwest board and take the 3 polls that I have posted over there. We are trying to get a head count for a few things.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/southwesttaco/start
Uh...went there..didn't see anything like "AZ rocks poll" anywhere. What threads are you talking about?

oh, I got my land use pkt today :D

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Dan, I didn't see anything on the Delphi forum about the AZ ROCKS poll
I just had to re-register, though
I will get on there soon and post

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
:D You broke the links in this one, dufus. It's too funny what with the rolls eyes and all.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Dick Foster said:
:D You broke the links in this one, dufus. It's too funny what with the rolls eyes and all.
Searching around on Delphi irritates me. I just need you guys to tell me what day to leave CA and start driving, what hotel to get a room at, and what day to go home. :p

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Blue Mist Motel in Florence.

See post # 37500 on this board.

I made my reservation starting Wed night the second and checking out Sunday AM. The run is from Thursday 3rd through Sunday. I would have figured you for a camper. John A, myself and others are staying at the Blue Mist because it is the closest 10mi from the camp site and the cheapest. Go take the polls from the prior unbroken links in this thread, all you have to search is this board. That is so the AZ folks can get nose counts for the catered dinner, T shirts and that kind of shit.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Blue Mist Motel in Florence.

See post # 37500 on this board.

I made my reservation starting Wed night the second and checking out Sunday AM. The run is from Thursday 3rd through Sunday. I would have figured you for a camper. John A, myself and others are staying at the Blue Mist because it is the closest 10mi from the camp site and the cheapest. Go take the polls from the prior unbroken links in this thread, all you have to search is this board. That is so the AZ folks can get nose counts for the catered dinner, T shirts and that kind of shit.
I love camping, just not for 5 days in the desert. :D

So we drive out Wednesday, wheel Thursday Friday Saturday, fix trucks, and drive home Sunday?

It's 12 hours from here. At least that's what it was last time with a pretty small convoy and no fucking around with O2 sensors. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Mike said:
I love camping, just not for 5 days in the desert. :D

So we drive out Wednesday, wheel Thursday Friday Saturday, fix trucks, and drive home Sunday?

It's 12 hours from here. At least that's what it was last time with a pretty small convoy and no fucking around with O2 sensors. :D

Later,
....Mike
what time are you shooting for to leave?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
hytenor said:
I dunno, I was thinking 8AM Wednesday at the latest, unless that doesn't work for people. I'm pretty flexible, just didn't want to get there at midnight.

We'll also have to plan a better route than last time. I think we added some time and mileage where we didn't need to.

Later,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Mike said:
I dunno, I was thinking 8AM Wednesday at the latest, unless that doesn't work for people. I'm pretty flexible, just didn't want to get there at midnight.

We'll also have to plan a better route than last time. I think we added some time and mileage where we didn't need to.

Later,
....Mike
I can come up with a better route...maybe ;)
early Wed morning should work. Are we meeting other norcalers anywhere along the way?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
hytenor said:
Here's the two choices for getting there:

1 - Haul ass to LA and head all the way across on highway 10. This route is 789 miles from Concord, *but* we get stuck in shitty LA traffic at a really bad time of day and end up with bleeding eyeballs and corroded lungs.

2 - Haul ass across the desert on highway 58 through Mojave, pick up highway 40 in Barstow, then cruise south past Lake Havasu on the way to highway 10. 817 miles.

We did number 2 last time, it worked out okay. I'm open to other suggestions if you guys have a better way.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Dick Foster said:

LOL. That's crazy, it was a cut n paste post. :confused: Oh well, I should expect nothing less when I try to give someone a friendly ribbing. :eek:

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Mike said:
Here's the two choices for getting there:

1 - Haul ass to LA and head all the way across on highway 10. This route is 789 miles from Concord, *but* we get stuck in shitty LA traffic at a really bad time of day and end up with bleeding eyeballs and corroded lungs.

2 - Haul ass across the desert on highway 58 through Mojave, pick up highway 40 in Barstow, then cruise south past Lake Havasu on the way to highway 10. 817 miles.

We did number 2 last time, it worked out okay. I'm open to other suggestions if you guys have a better way.

Later,
....Mike
#2 is still the better way to go. trying to get through LA any time of the day is a joke.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
hytenor said:
#2 is still the better way to go. trying to get through LA any time of the day is a joke.
Cool. I guess we will take the desert route again this time. I kinda like it out there anyway.

Later,
....Mike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts