TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Definitely not the worst mod I've seen. Sets your rig apart from the rest for sure.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I dig it man. I dig it. Kinda SR5, kinda new-school. Keep up the good work. :2cents:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look even better without that stupid snorkel.
Oh well, the snorkel stays. Love 'em or hate 'em it is worth having. I don't go looking for deep water anymore but its nice to be prepared for it if is there. I use the snorkel primarily for dust. Makes a big difference whether you believe it or not. The trips we do in Utah's desert can get pretty dusty and it's nice to not have to bring extra air filters on long trips.

But thanks for your opinion.;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just trying something different. I'm on the fence about it still but I kinda like it.

That's what Mike Tyson said about his face tat... ;)

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
subjective I'll guess... but

I like the eye lash plasti thingy...
helps keep other Tacoma's not looking just like mine :thumbs:

can't say I'd spend the time...
but looks like it could be easily applied for sponsorship applications/adv't.

is it being used in that industry ?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW. derped stripes are off the truck already. Pulled them off when I cleaned the truck a few days ago. Might redo it at some point with a little different design. IF I do it will be so my truck isn't confused with Dell's POS. :rolleyes: since I've pretty much copied his truck.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
FWIW. derped stripes are off the truck already. Pulled them off when I cleaned the truck a few days ago. Might redo it at some point with a little different design. IF I do it will be so my truck isn't confused with Dell's POS. :rolleyes: since I've pretty much copied his truck.
Were you able to safely wash the truck without the Plasti Dip coming off? Pondering doing similar old school lines on my truck.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Were you able to safely wash the truck without the Plasti Dip coming off? Pondering doing similar old school lines on my truck.
Normal washing is fine. But since I was using clay bar on the entire truck I thought it was best to pull them off.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Doesn't it still tie into your stock airbox? :confused:
Yes. What's your point?
i love it how people dont understand that some people have snorkles on there truck for function not looks. I loved my snorkle on my tacoma for the same reason you do DUST my are filter was alot cleaner post snorkle install. i got alot of shit for not goin through 10foot deep puddles cause "thats what a snorkle is for":confused: its not as needed when you have fender liners, but after tubbing for 35's those go away and all the mud/water of the road/dust/dirt is flung off your tire straight into the intake tube. I know you already understand this box rocket just throwin it out there for the haters

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yawn. Unless you are living in the jungle your point is pointless. Just change your filter every six months and don't be gay.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yawn. Unless you are living in the jungle your point is pointless. Just change your filter every six months and don't be gay.
Yawn.
The jungle would be even more pointless.

You're more than welcome to join us on one of our multi-day trips across the Utah west desert. When your air filter needs to be changed before the trip is over maybe you'll change your mind.

I don't need to convince you. You do your thing. I know it works for me so it's staying.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts