1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yeah what is going on? Last week a buddy and I were out tooling around and we got to the entrance to the great offroading out in Black Mountain and there's "Area Closed" signs at all the entrances. Why did they close that off? Aren't you glad you pay these people to close off your land.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah what is going on? Last week a buddy and I were out tooling around and we got to the entrance to the great offroading out in Black Mountain and there's "Area Closed" signs at all the entrances. Why did they close that off? Aren't you glad you pay these people to close off your land.

They closed that off because it's unfortunately owned by some greedy ass developers, who want to destroy more of our beautiful desert. It's privately owned.

However, on areas like Ocotillo Wells off road area, which people and their families have been enjoying for decades, and other areas like it, are government owned.

They, the government, are taking everything away.:bs: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff3: :flipoff2: :xbarf: :flipoff4: :asshat: :buttkick: :slap:

In this case, to just hand it over to more greedy companies, getting free land leases to develop some lame ass energy. Why don't they just use the damn sun, screw the geothermal energy!! The sun is free, and you don't have to drill into the earth to get to it, just put out some solar panels and etc...

You can put those anywhere!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They closed that off because it's unfortunately owned by some greedy ass developers, who want to destroy more of our beautiful desert. It's privately owned.

However, on areas like Ocotillo Wells off road area, which people and their families have been enjoying for decades, and other areas like it, are government owned.

They, the government, are taking everything away.:bs: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff3: :flipoff2: :xbarf: :flipoff4: :asshat: :buttkick: :slap:

In this case, to just hand it over to more greedy companies, getting free land leases to develop some lame ass energy. Why don't they just use the damn sun, screw the geothermal energy!! The sun is free, and you don't have to drill into the earth to get to it, just put out some solar panels and etc...

You can put those anywhere!!

Yeah, I love how they close off an area for "resource protection" (that's what it says on the sign) and then magically 6 months later there's bulldozers prepping the land. Humm...:mad:

Yeah I agree 110% about solar. They shoud start incorporating them on the top of every house being built. Can you imagine how much electricity we would save if everyone had a small panel on their roof? Have you seen that huge solar farm off the 95 going towards Laughlin?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I love how they close off an area for "resource protection" (that's what it says on the sign) and then magically 6 months later there's bulldozers prepping the land. Humm...:mad:

Yeah I agree 110% about solar. They should start incorporating them on the top of every house being built. Can you imagine how much electricity we would save if everyone had a small panel on their roof? Have you seen that huge solar farm off the 95 going towards Laughlin?

Yeah, imagine if the home builders would incorporate solar into every new home built. I don't think that the power companies would ever let that happen though. Never know though, look at what's starting to finally happen to alternative fuel sources for cars.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts