TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered my trail gear sliders Wednesday afternoon, and they are already here! Damn fast, and so far, they look damn good... on the floor of the dorms...

Big for :kewl: trail gear

Gettin up early and puttin em on, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice, wish I had those on my truck.

·
Registered
717 Posts
very nice, we will definently put them to use next month!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went to bolt em on a few min ago... got pissed, and now i am gonna weld em on monday...

·
Registered
717 Posts
what happened?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i put em up there, didn't really like how they looked with the 1" BL, cause they have the L bracket that goes under your frame, so i was like whatever, and strated to drill anywase, busted my damn broken finger.... and it seemed like wherever i was gonna drill, there was something on the other side, and the back bolts wouldn't go in cause of the gas tank... ya, and alot more, so monday i will take em down, cut off the bottom L part, and move em up a half inch to keep the pinch weld banging down, and weld em up!:welder:

·
Registered
232 Posts
couldnt you have just flipped them over so the bottom of the L was now on top like a 7? or do they curve up for more protection?

·
Registered
597 Posts
couldnt you have just flipped them over so the bottom of the L was now on top like a 7? or do they curve up for more protection?
You don't want to do this, it is in the shape of an L for a reason, think about it, when you land on a rock the bottom leg of teh L shape transfers the weight onto the frame. If you flipped the bracket all the weight would be on your bolts or welds, and would lose much of its weight transfer to the frame.

·
Registered
717 Posts
so, did ya get them welded on yet?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I welded mine on too, didn't want to fuck with drilling and knew they would be stronger welded anyways.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i have a set of these welded on. the fitment of the center L brackets on both sides wasnt perfect but the sliders themselves take a beating just fine.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yeah, so? Welcome to capitalism, where one has a choice of what one wishes to buy, and who from :)

If marlin helped me on my truck, I'd probably help him too. However over here in texas he aint done shit for me personally and I don't own a single marlin product, so I buy based on price. Not that he's not a great guy, but loyalty is earned, not assumed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts