TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I got a set of mossy oak seat covers as a christmas gift. When I went to put them on, I found out that they don't fit the buckets in my tundra for crap, at least without having to take the arm rest off the seat and then I'd have a grey arm rest with a camo seat= ghey. So I came to the conclusion that it might be best to get the fabric and go about it myself, with the help of someone who can sew worth a shit.

Anyway, I found this website that sells all the different types of fabric by the yard. I'm wanting the Mossy Oak Breakup (classic pattern) to do front/rear seat covers as well as possibly the fabric inserts in the door panels.

Now, to the direct question. Do any of y'all happen to know anything about fabric types and all that stuff, like which type on that page would be best for what I'm wanting to do? And could maybe give me a guesstimate of how much (in yards) I would need?

Thanks, oh and feel free to flame me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
You might try a Womens Sewing forum. They would probably be able to help you with the fabric issue. I'm into Wool myself.

I do like Mossy Oak Breakup though. That and Advantage. As far as yards go, 10 or 20 should be plenty.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
my mom just made me a bad ass comforter with mossy oak on one side, and real tree on the other, she got all the material at wal mart. Head down there and scope it out, i think it was like 3 bucks a yard. They got both heavy material and the light stuff.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the hatchie bottoms seat covers in the shadowgrass. They are made out of the twill material. I have had them on for a little over a year now and I am very happy with them. The drivers side has faded some, but with sliding in and out of the truck all day will cause that on most materials. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have black leather seats and if they sit in the sun all day in the summer you can feel the heat I don't recommend shorts... glad I could give some imput so did my post count go up yet???? oh happy sunday.... :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
izahick1 said:
I have the hatchie bottoms seat covers in the shadowgrass. They are made out of the twill material. I have had them on for a little over a year now and I am very happy with them. The drivers side has faded some, but with sliding in and out of the truck all day will cause that on most materials. just my :2cents:

I looked those up online, and they look like good quality covers but they don't have them in the pattern I'm wanting :( I'm looking for the mossy oak break up (old style). All I saw on the site is the new style, too bright for my taste, I like the kind that looks more faded or whatever.

Thanks for the replies though, even the ones that were pointless :cool:

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
obex26 said:
I have black leather seats and if they sit in the sun all day in the summer you can feel the heat I don't recommend shorts... glad I could give some imput so did my post count go up yet???? oh happy sunday.... :D

off topic threads don't effect your thread count, smart guy :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts