TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
Im thinking of going to a nearby pull-a-part and pulling a 2001 3.4L from a 4runner to drop into my '89 pickup which currently has the 3.0 EFI. is that possible? and if not, what is? Currently the motor runs fine but its got a lot of miles and could stand to be rebuilt, plus, I think the water pump is in the early stages of going out... at that rate I would just go ahead and change the timing belt as well... then i thought, "why not just swap the motor for about the same money and get less miles and more power?"

If it is possible, what else do i need to keep in mind? other parts, issues to look out for, etc?

any and all help would be great. thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
At the end of the day, my guess is is it won't be about the same amount of money when you're all done. Although I can't fault you for wanting to swap out a 3 slow.
No engine swap is a cake walk or simple unless it's the same engine going in that came out.

Hi there!
Im thinking of going to a nearby pull-a-part and pulling a 2001 3.4L from a 4runner to drop into my '89 pickup which currently has the 3.0 EFI. is that possible? and if not, what is? Currently the motor runs fine but its got a lot of miles and could stand to be rebuilt, plus, I think the water pump is in the early stages of going out... at that rate I would just go ahead and change the timing belt as well... then i thought, "why not just swap the motor for about the same money and get less miles and more power?"

If it is possible, what else do i need to keep in mind? other parts, issues to look out for, etc?

any and all help would be great. thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts