·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang didn't thank about paint, you know a sweet coustom paint job adds 50 hp, maybe ill add stickers for even more power then I can hammer it on the trails like a rock buggy. Really, I'm not crazy about the paint but it is rebuilt with the right parts and will get me going.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Injectors, should have put new in mine when we swapped the engine, would have saved a lot of worry when one went bad a year later!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motor is in, everything is hooked up and ready to go, but I can't get any oil pressure. The guy I got it from is coming over tonight to swap the oil pump out and help me get it running. The guy is great to deal with, stands by his work and is willing to make everything right. The only other issue I have is the bushings in my solid motor mounts are shot, I have to order bushings or new mounts. Who's mounts would you go with? I have no ideal who made the ones I have.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
does yours have an actual gauge or just the dummy light for oil pressure?

mine is just the light and it came on after running the engine for the first time after about 20 seconds .... turns out the drive spline for the oil pump wasn't put in by the engine builder (whhhattt!) ... after that was in there, all was good.. its just a little noisy but thats any 22re i guess.

good luck getting it figured out! sounds like a stand up guy that you bought from!

sorry - no suggestions on the motor mounts...!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We found the problem tonight, the machine shop had removed a oil galley plug behind the timing cover that didn't get put back in. We glued the gasket to the cover and should have everything assembled and running tomorrow. I am really glad this guy is a good person and is fixing this for me, I will be dealing with him in the future for that very reason. He also sales and parts out old toyotas, so I also have a parts source now.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Do you have a number for him, or just an email?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Well bummer.. but glad he's makin' it good too.
...so ya gonna give me the secret coordinates to this Toyota gold mine? :p

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
706-490-4051 can't remember his name as I suck at remembering new names. I don't really know where his shop is, he delived the motor to me and is coming to me to fix everything, but I know he is in Clayton somewhere. I can't believe he is so willing to help me and stand by his work with no hassle, it's rare to find that in someone nowdays, that's why I keep barging about him.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
When he comes by ask him about a radiator for a 22R or 22RE. Need one bad.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He does have a few radiators, I think he said 65 on them. We still can't get oil pressure, he thinks we hurt the main bearings, he is ordering me another set and putting them in for me. I just ready to be done. Also does anyone know where I can get new copper washers for the cold start injector?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It lives! The problem was a oil galley plug hidden under the pan. The guy pulled the bearing caps and checked the bearings which still looked new. The motor had 80 psi oil pressure when first started and it settled down to 65-70 psi after it warmed up. I think it should have plenty of oil psi now. I am happy to have it running again!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I been trying to get thing to make power, the butt dyno tells me it has less then the previous motor. I adjusted the tps and timing with no help. I got it making more power at the moment by adjusting the maf sensor two teeth. Any one have any more ideals? I plan to order a new tps and the injectors that people have been talking about on pirate.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The old motor, valve guide broke loose and killed the head and cylinder.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts