TTORA Forum banner

mountain adventure

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  WallyP226 
#1 ·
The other day some friends and I went camping up at denny creek but its all closed down for winter... 4 feet of snow on the ground all the way up there.. well I got the truck stuck on a bridge so we were stranded...

here are some pics:

See less See more
#3 ·
But I don't understand, I thought you had a 6 inch kit on that truck. Must have been the drop brackets dragging in the snow:rolleyes: :)

#4 · (Edited)
haha yeah! no the snow on the bridge was super slushy... i think if i had gone faster i could have made it. The hard pack was no problem.. the bridge snow was icy surface but like quick sand; then once the tires spun a few times it turned to ice and i couldnt get any traction.. tried everything.. finally had to fill in the ruts with dirt/gravel to get out... I wasnt aired down at all

ill attribute it to driver error..

#6 ·
LMAO yeah life's a bitch some days. Didn't have a chase vehicle to pull you out huh. That's when a bad ass winch will be your new best friend. Start saving your dollars up...

#8 ·
yeah i am actually researching bumpers/winches this very minute :saw:

I had an incident recently though involving a pedestrian, and its got me paranoid of putting big steal on the front in fears of killing some one.

gotta love the northwest! nice truck by the way....
thanks bro! :welder:

#10 ·
yeah i love the snow. i want to go back better equipped and get past the bridge because there is some good stuff further up... there are a few things i want to do to my truck to make it more capable in no particular order,

bumper/winch combo
rear bumper
tool rack with shovel and hi-lift
rock rails
alcan full leaf pack to replace rear blocks
canvas canopy for shelter in case i get stuck overnight again :welder:

what else?

#11 ·
Dude, pedestrians are a dime a dozen...they're on every corner. JK But seriously though. Have fun, just slow it down on the street and get that winch. I always follow the golden rule, never wheel alone and never go out without a snatch strap. And ALWAYS have the appropriate survival and medical gear when you wheel, especially when you wheel in harsh environments. Good advice from an old man who's been there done that.:2cents:

#12 ·
rookie................probably young too........generally not a good idea to go fast over wooden snow covered bridges.........just don't stop

Im told life is give and take..........I'll give up my grinding expertice...........to be a better welder.........i just made that up

Ooops NICE TRUCK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.