TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I looooove my TSL's! This is the first time I actually have got to try their grip on dry rock and I actually rate them being as good if not better than the KM2's that were on it. It was a great day with the only negative being the event of my front right tire rolling off the rim...which was an easy fix. We're going back this weekend for another great time and I can't wait!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
looks like a fun place to play...

what tire pressure's were you running when you lost 'da bead ?
are these an E load range tire ? Bias or radial ?

Only thing I'd be concern about is the big lugs nearer the sidewall getting ripped off (chunked) on 'da sharp edged rocks.

so far my KMII's haven't chunked any outer lugs.
But they seem to wear too fast in 'da rocks.

fark... I'm gonna be white letters out real soon. :eek:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
what tire pressure's were you running when you lost 'da bead ?
are these an E load range tire ? Bias or radial ?

Only thing I'd be concern about is the big lugs nearer the sidewall getting ripped off (chunked) on 'da sharp edged rocks.

so far my KMII's haven't chunked any outer lugs.
But they seem to wear too fast in 'da rocks.

fark... I'm gonna be white letters out real soon. :eek:
ur outer lugs are in good shape? mine are all fuked up and rounded off or ripped off on all 4 of my km2's

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
mine are rounded... but no chunking...

I don't spin 'da tires in the rocks much... if it can be helped.
i try not to, but without a rear locker i have to sometimes:(

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I had 10lbs in all the tires I "thought".... I didn't check the pressure in any of them that day and hadn't checked it in any of them up to prolly 2 or 3 weeks prior to that day. Soooo what I can figure, that one may had a slow leak and might've dropped substantially from sitting in my yard in the cold weather and just rolled off the rim. When we seated it back on with a C02 tank, it had 14 lbs in it and I left it like that. I beat the piss out of it the rest of the day way worse than the morning before it broke off the rim, so a slow leak in that tire is a possible answer to why it come off. I'll be checking my pressure everytime I ride now.

AND, I'll be investing in a CO2 tank too. One of my friends had one with him that day and that thing is the shit for beading up a tire like that! He just has a release valve on it, so you can do like a quick burst to pop the tire back on sort of like a cheetah some tire stores use in some cases.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, my KM2's were actually in pretty good shape considering how I had spun them on sharp rocks alot. There was just some minor cuts all around all the tires but no major chunking, and I treated them pretty rough too.....but I never wheeled them with less than 20psi either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts