TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 90 4runner with the tailgate mounted spare tire. Planned on doing a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift and running 35" bfgs. I would like to carry a fullsize spare on the tailgate but don't know if the stock tire carrier will handle the extra weight of the tire, or if I will need to fab up a tire carrier.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the stock one will not handle it, you will rip the truck apart.....

35" is pretty big even for the custom fabbed ones, its doable, but you need to research it and use super heavy duty stuff

·
Registered
779 Posts
Swingout tire carrier bumper?
yeah, i am guessing... in that case search.. CBI could fab something up for the runner like that.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
you guys are gonna laugh but ive been carriying a 37" mtr on my stock carrier on my 90 runner and i did tweek it a little when the tire caught, but other than that its still tight and works

·
Registered
779 Posts
you guys are gonna laugh but ive been carriying a 37" mtr on my stock carrier on my 90 runner and i did tweek it a little when the tire caught, but other than that its still tight and works
:eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been carrying a 33" on the stock swing out with a 5'er mount on it for thousands of desert pre-run miles. The only issue so far is the latch loop (the part on the body) broke once. I bought 2 from the dealer (one as a spare).

·
Registered
531 Posts
What about Bentup's bumper and tire mount?

·
Registered
779 Posts
What about Bentup's bumper and tire mount?

how much did you end up paying for that... need reinforcements? pm me if you don't wanna post up the price... looks awesome and Might as well do it once i get my front bumper on (both from BentUp)... sweet I thought your's was the CBI..?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts