TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been doing a lot of reading regarding AT tires the past few days. I've been rolling on some 285/75R16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S tires for about 40,000 miles. I was pretty bad with rotating tires and have since cupped the fronts severely.

Now it is time to grab some new tires and I was wondering if any Geolander owners have moved on to other makes of tires. Personally I am considering the Toyo AT2 tires in the same size, or some Wrangler Dura Tracs. I really liked how quiet the Yokohamas were on the road (I drive almost 50 miles a day, mostly freeway) and how they handled rain/snow (frequent Tahoe excursions). However, now is the time to upgrade so I've been looking at other tires that can offer a similar smooth and quiet ride, while maybe scoring some extra offroad and possibly snow traction.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got 50K on Geolander At/s. Really liked them. Since have upgraded to Michelin LTX M/S2 (265/65/17 on Sequoia alloys). Not cheap, but seem to be solid. Great in the rain on the highway before Christmas and great in 2.5 ft of snow in Tahoe the day after Christmas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the Yokohama geolanders are a5 tread design meeting they have 5 sectional ribs which is based off a highway tire there for that tire will be longer lasting quieter and smoother on the road than either the dura track ( which by the way is a bad ass tire). Just won't last as long but the Toyo tire is still a good tire if you want a change. both of those options will be more forgiving in the lack of rotations

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you looked at the cooper discoverer at3? I haven't run them for very long but I'm happy so far. The tread pattern is similar to the Yokohama, just a little more open. Expedition portal is running them on their LJ78 prado build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts