TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rubbing with my chains on the front of my wheel wells and need to move the rear axle back about 1/4". Unless someone has an easier way, I'm thinking of removing my Daystar shackles and putting in an 1 1/4" block. Any other easy way of doing it? Will the axle move back enough to justify the work? Again, I only need about 1/4".

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
SteveO said:
I'm rubbing with my chains on the front of my wheel wells and need to move the rear axle back about 1/4". Unless someone has an easier way, I'm thinking of removing my Daystar shackles and putting in an 1 1/4" block. Any other easy way of doing it? Will the axle move back enough to justify the work? Again, I only need about 1/4".
You can re-drill the hole on the axle perch back a 1/4 inch. I think the RJ solution is the best answer.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ted said:
You can re-drill the hole on the axle perch back a 1/4 inch. I think the RJ solution is the best answer.
Thanks Ted, I'll take a look at it today and see how that would work. ....Steve

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
drabnor said:
cut some more :xcrazy:
I dont understand why your so proud of that cut out, yes you cut it out but it looks like a drunk midget did it.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
DesertTRD said:
I dont understand why your so proud of that cut out, yes you cut it out but it looks like a drunk midget did it.
lol and you act like i give a shit :flipoff1:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
SteveO said:
I just got new flares so I'd rather not, although your balls out approach is admirable. I'm too much of a wuss to do that yet. ....Steve
i dont rub :D in the rear at least lol

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DesertTRD said:
Hey Corey, any ideas on how to move it back or do you think changing from a shackle to a small block will fix the issue?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
SteveO said:
Hey Corey, any ideas on how to move it back or do you think changing from a shackle to a small block will fix the issue?
HOw much lift do you have on your truck, the more lift the more the axle shifts forward, personally i would be relocating the hangers, but thats because im setup different, you can redrill the perches but then thats not really safe. Putting a block on there wont really solve your rubbing issues. What springs are on the truck right now?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DesertTRD said:
HOw much lift do you have on your truck, the more lift the more the axle shifts forward, personally i would be relocating the hangers, but thats because im setup different, you can redrill the perches but then thats not really safe. Putting a block on there wont really solve your rubbing issues. What springs are on the truck right now?
I've got the Fabtech AAL FTS205 and a Daystar shackle for about a total of 3" 's. Still have the stock leaf pack. The way I see it is the longer shackle pushes down the back of the spirng and moves the axle slightly forward. Since moving the axle a 1/4" back would solve my issue I though replacing the 1 1'4" shackle with a 1 1/4" block might work.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Roger Brown makes plates with the center pin hole approx. 5/8" to the rear. I emailed him a few months ago about making me some..I'm 90% sure it was him, but I have slept since then..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TacoCrazy said:
If I'm not mistaken Roger Brown makes plates with the center pin hole approx. 5/8" to the rear. I emailed him a few months ago about making me some..I'm 90% sure it was him, but I have slept since then..
Thanks, I may try the block route first and if that doesn't work then I'll check out RB. ....Steve

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
SteveO said:
Thanks Chris, I'm surprised it took you so long to reply. I figured with your recent whoring you'd have been in here earlier. :D
well, I actually had to get out of the house today and do something, LOL

when you get some shims from RB make sure to get the type to tilt you pinion back to it's normal 0* that it was before your lift. ;)

for a 3" lift go with a 3* shim. and, get the steel ones, not aluminum

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hytenor said:
well, I actually had to get out of the house today and do something, LOL

when you get some shims from RB make sure to get the type to tilt you pinion back to it's normal 0* that it was before your lift. ;)

for a 3" lift go with a 3* shim. and, get the steel ones, not aluminum
Those ones will move the axle back 3/4" and that would give me the same problem, only on the other side of the wheel well. I'm going to try the block, I think it will work and axle wrap won't be an issue with that small of a block, plus my AAL. ....Steve

1 - 20 of 42 Posts