TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm moving from Chicago to Boulder in the next few weeks. I'm really excited about this change since my Tacoma hasn't been off-road much since the TTORA jamboree in PA in 2005 right after I bought it. I loved wheelin from the first time I did it but life and work got in the way of me doing it much and then I moved to Chicago. Now that I'm going to be out in CO I'm looking forward to maybe getting out there and having some fun or just chillin with some cool people. I don't know too many people in the area, just a few old friends from growing up. My job has my traveling constantly so I'm gone a lot but whenever I'm home I have nothing to do. Can't wait to be out there and I look forward to wheelin with y'all in the future.

Cheers.
-kris

·
Registered
237 Posts
Boulder is a Great Area to live, im at the south end right now by table mesa and i love it here...although commuting to denver every day is kinda getting old but oh well! but when you get here if you ever wanna go wheeling or if you snowboard dont hesitate to shoot me a message or post on the boards im sure people would be more than willing to go me included! GL with your move! and btw what kinda work you do that has you traveling so much?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Hey, another gold-ish Tacoma! What are the odds? :D I swear Toyota had a surplus of that color and just hosed the crap outta the Tacos...

Pre-welcome to Colorado; the sign at the eastern border is inaccurate... that is NOT "colorful Colorado". It's an extension of Kansas; flat, boring and crappy. Once you hit the mountains is where Colorado really begins.

Welcome at any rate, let's go wheel.

:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DH, I'll definitely hit you up for snowboarding! I'm not really moving out with much of anything and it has already crossed my mind what I should do first: buy furniture or go snowboarding. Right snowboarding is the definite front runner. My new place is in North Boulder but I was looking around the Table Mesa area. The reason I travel so much is because I work in Remote Sports Broadcasting, so I have to travel to all the events.

Wakk, my Tacoma is actually silver. It had a couple of weeks worths of California desert dirt on it when those pics were taken. :)

I'm hoping to be moved out there by the 12th. So hopefully I'll be seeing y'all soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally made it out here and actually around for a few days. Looking to go snowboarding this week. Where would you guys recommend? I'll probably be going midweek. Do the places around here offer midweek deals? Also, if anyone wants to join me let me know. I'm pretty open for my schedule so any day this week works for me.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Welcome, My girl works in boulder. I hate that place most of the time. We live out in Firestone(under 30 minutes east of you) and spend a bunch of time in longmont(15-12minutes east of you) Hit me up if you wanna wheel or whatever. We should do a north GTG.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard that now a few times... About people not liking Boulder. I'm curious as to why that is. I'm pretty uninformed about most of Colorado, in general, and fairly arbitrarily chose to move to Boulder. What do people not like about Boulder? Can any add some insight?

·
7,735 Posts
I think it's mostly it's because of the hippies and the ultra lib's looking down their nose at anybody not following the latest "save the earth and society" trends.
All in all, I don't think it's a bad place to hang out, but I haven't lived there.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Boulder, to me, is a giant strip mall.

glad ya made it safely.

I'm going to Eldora Saturday to ski for work, and then probably Keystone next Wednesday and somewhere during the weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts