TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am going to be arriving in boulder this coming tuesday to start my new job. Im going to be living in southeast boulder and was planning on some sort of bbq to meet some local wheelers and maybe have a tech day (got a 2 car garage and plenty of street parking).

Im bringing out my 07 taco with extended icons, TC UCA's, alcan leaf pack and icon extended rears all sitting on some 16x8 teflons with km2's. Also JUST today picked up an 87 SAS runner, caged, locked f/r on 35's. All it needs is some longs and it should be good to go, plan on a dual xfer case setup in the near future. So when is the next wheelin trip!?!

Also wondering if anyone rides single track or street? I have a cbr and an 86 triumph bonnie bobber. AAAAND would love to shoot some prarie dogs.

Here is the 07 and the 87

before the new wheels/tires

·
20,355 Posts
Welcome to CoTTORA. Next trip is sunday on spring creek. Be sure to check the plan a trail run thread for trips. I ride a ninja 650r.

Hope to see you on the trail soon!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! Im tryin to round up some people to go out this weekend.... Everything i drive is onroad except the fj,the truck and the maxima LOL

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome, nice rigs. I had an 03 CBR but it got stolen a few months ago :( This BBQ gonna be on a weekend as I don't have these so called weekends. Anyway, take care.
-Kap

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Damn your 1st gen is wicked sexy!!! Would love to meet ya before Troy and I officially move to Houston at the end of the month....

What's yer job? And where'd ya come from!

That stinger on the 1st gen is perfect for the dirty Boulder Hippies.... (I can say that I was born and raised there)!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
welcome! I wouldnt say your from boulder too loudly around here, ike and mrdoug dont like boulderites! :D jk

Welcome, Im in boulder too and would love to meet up when you get in and bbq, wheel, or go shooting!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes! Im coming from Nyc, by way of north carolina, before that savannah ga and before that fort myers florida.. I have been moving alot haha.

Im coming out to work at Crispin Porter + Bogusky.

I would love to make the trip this weekend but I wont be out there until this coming tuesday. Might take me a week or two to get settled but I will post up on here for the bbq. Are there any places somewhat close to go shoot some prarie dogs?

·
7,735 Posts
welcome. Nice rig's, lookin forward to seein them out on the trail.

As for shootin the disease invested prairie dogs... you can't in Boulder, the hippies have labeled them as endangered or some stupid shit like that. Hell, they'd probably have a protest rally.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about somewhere near boulder? Haha. I don't mind driving a bit for some fun.

Also, anyone on here fly fish?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
You'll have better luck shooting varmit up in Wyoming where they encourage it... Or stop by some farms and ranches and see if they need some help. Often they will take you up on it. I used to have to shoot the praire dog when I was younger because the horses would break their legs in the holes!

I don't fly fish but my dad lives and breathes by it. He is up up in Steamboat where some of the best fly fishing in colorado is. I know one or 2 other guys on here do.

And looks like you'll be working out of Gunbarrel! DevinSixtySeven (Sean) works over there as well.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Welcome! You have some nice rigs. I have a SAS 89 pickup, and my 03 Ducati Monster for my toys as well as some nice rifles including my AR-15 varmint rifle :) Post up if you find some nice places for P-dogs

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I dunno, dusk in the Open Space with nightvision and a pellet gun? :D

Yeah, I work in The Middle Of Nowhere. Not a bad place, if your only criteria are low rent and a Boulder address.

Right now I just web wheel, but you do need at least one locker to make it through the General Bullshit section on the national forum, so I'm keepin my skills honed :lmao:.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Right now I just web wheel, but you do need at least one locker to make it through the General Bullshit section on the national forum, so I'm keepin my skills honed :lmao:.
So fucking true!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Welcome to Co and the club, great people here and we're all pretty active. Always something going on (even though ike hasn't go this monthly M&G Posted up for this month yet ;) )

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I'm sitting in st Louis in a grimey hotel on my drive out to boulder. Just getting stoked looking at past run pictures from y'all. One thing came to my attention... My lack of knowledge in rockcrawling.. I have done all my wheeling in Florida, Georgia and north Carolina... All of which have nearly no rockcrawling and mostly mud. Somewhat the reason for getting the runner (to not destroy my dd truck). Anyone up for a run in the next 2-3 weeks to get me acquainted with rocks?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Im down man! were planning on a camping trip for laborday to wheeler lake and and another one soon. do you have facebook? "facebook.com/RGriffiths.co" hit me up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts