TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All... I'm moving back to Colorado again after a few detours in life have taken me to CA, and OH along the way. Some of you (Brian; Molly; etc.) know me from when I was out in Boulder a few years back. After being a GIS person in CA and an airline pilot in OH, I've decided to hang up the keys to the jet and drive a desk in Denver again. Anyways, hope to see some of you all for a mild trail run (the ol 4Runner can't handle too much these days) or a beer.

Jeff S.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome back Jeff! It will be so great to see ya back here again! What can we do to help you with your move?

It looks like wait.. .you already have! Are you in highlands ranch? Where you flying your desk now-a-days???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Molly. I'm moving to HR on the 22nd from Columbus. I'll be working at Jeppesen doing GIS work again. Who would have thought that when given the choice between flying and GIS, I'd opt for GIS. Three more trips in the JungleBus, and then back to the real world!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Wait but you are doing GIS for Jeppesen an aiviation company? LOL classic...

And what is the junglebus?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question, but:

What is "GIS"?

Anyway, welcome back!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
GIS = being a geography/satellite geek (with a little geomorphology thrown in!)

Jeff goes WAY back with Cottora when I went wheeling with him in Moab PRE Tippy days Ya'll! Wheeeeee!

Jeff what was your OLD screen name? I had a dream about it the other night and it is on the tip of my tounge but I can't think of it just now....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Molly, I actually don't quite remember what my old screen name was, that's why I signed up again!

The JungleBus is the nickname for the plane I am currently flying, the Embraer 170. Made in Brazil, looks like a little airbus.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
We'll call it Steve...Steve is a nice name, don't you think?
Steve for a guy named Jeff? I like Hefe better... LOL

Jeff we gotta get together when you roll into town so you can regail me with wordly tales of GIS and flying!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome back.....I just got back into the whole CoTTORA scene myself after almost 3.5yrs. IIRC, did you use to live in Suprerior or something like that? If so, I brought my laptop to you and you fixed it for me!!!

Eric

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey Jeff,

welcome back... long time no hear!

can't wait for the south denver meet n great to welcome you back with a beverage!

Layton

(I spent way to much time working in Inverness yet never spent any time in the Jeppeson building...it's a nice location)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah Jeff is pretty handy with the computer...

Even more Handy when it comes to wild and crazy Moab Trips :D :D :D

:neener:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome back.....I just got back into the whole CoTTORA scene myself after almost 3.5yrs. IIRC, did you use to live in Suprerior or something like that? If so, I brought my laptop to you and you fixed it for me!!!

Eric
Yep, that was me. Had to sell the house when i moved to CA.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts