TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my fiance and I will be moving to colorado springs. We will be leaving pennsylvania on july 1st and hoping to pull into colorado springs early on the 4th. Looking forward to being able to take advantage of the many off road parks in the state and surrounding areas, and looking forward to finding a new truck or runner to play with when we get out there. We both have job transfers lined up and are just awaiting some responses on housing arangements and we are set to head west. Wish us luck!

Jason

·
Registered
438 Posts
wow, it used to be the california asshats taking over our state. now it seems like the entire state of pennsylvania is moving out here. either way, welcome.
No kidding, not that I blame people from leaving the humidity since I'm one of them...

Welcome!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome!

I hope you like the smell of campfires and don't mind being surrounded by large fires!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Black and Tan pwease..... and if from hershey, bring a big bar of chocolate.

welcome

·
Registered
600 Posts
Good luck on the move; welcome :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the welcomes. i am certainly ready to leave the humidity. it is not fat man friendly at all. Also not looking forward to the fires we are going to be heading towards. If you guys really want some lager i can do my best to pick up a few cases before i leave. Cant wait to find a truck or another 1st gen runner to play around in on some trails. there are little to no areas left around here to do anything.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look forward to meeting you. Sad but true on the fires. West side is now on fire. Heck the air force academy is even in evacuation. When we get past it there will be some fun trails to run.
i saw the fire near the academy. a friend of mine out there has been updating pics on facebook. I wont know what to do with myself when im able to do some real trails.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well as of today the pikes peak hill climb is on hold and so are the open trails. So it may be a bit longer. Might just have to do a meet and greet.
meet and greet works for me too, hopefully the fire will be under control and out soon. it looks like the wind may be changing direction tomorrow and blowing back towards whats already burned? but we all know how quick weather can change.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well as of today the pikes peak hill climb is on hold and so are the open trails. So it may be a bit longer. Might just have to do a meet and greet.
Have they closed down some of the area trails like Mt Baldy, Eagle Rock, Saran Wrap? Is there a site to get this info at?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Im sure its still open, we went up old stage to woodland park sunday, and my wife went up there tuesday night,

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread. Im sure somewhere there are a list. I just heard the news say that several local trails were closed for the season. I dont have a good reliable site to back that up however. Thread jack over...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we will be rolling into the springs tomorrow around 4pm if all goes well. We left Pa sunday morning and are ready to get settled in. We stopped in Goodland Kansas for the night. hoping be in the new place and unloaded by friday.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts