TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help-
My wife and I use Itunes at home, and have hundreds of songs we have bought and listen to. I want to get her the Gateway MP3 player, but am not sure about transferring the songs to it.
I called Gateway and the person was useless.
Any help here?
Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
just spend the xtra 35 bucks and get an ipod and then all your worries will be gone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would, BUT- we just went on vacation and ran out of memory for our digital camera (despite having over 300mb on 4 sticks) so I like the Gateway because it can store digital picture files. A 128 mb memory stick alone is $100. So I figure I would kill two birds with one stone- so to speak.
The iPod is cool, but it really is way more money for less ability. It also can't help with the digital camera storage. By the way- the iPod is $30 cheaper actually.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
udubcab said:
I would, BUT- we just went on vacation and ran out of memory for our digital camera (despite having over 300mb on 4 sticks) so I like the Gateway because it can store digital picture files. A 128 mb memory stick alone is $100. So I figure I would kill two birds with one stone- so to speak.
The iPod is cool, but it really is way more money for less ability. It also can't help with the digital camera storage. By the way- the iPod is $30 cheaper actually.
welcome to the world of "copyright protection"

i believe the only way to do this as of now, is to encode the aac (itunes) files to wav format, and then to mp3 format.

the bad news is you're going to have to search for it.
http://www.google.com/search?q=convert+aac+mp3

i don't use iTunes or an iPod for the same reasons you just outlined :)

bottom line, you can do it.. but you'd better invest in a player that is cabable of playing tunes that can be copyright protected (WMA, AAC).
otherwise you'll have to brush up on your techy-geek skills just to listen to music.

Or just do it the old fashioned way and buy CDs, which you then rip to mp3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
nastynate
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing