TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks! Just showing off a pic of the truck a little over half way through the SAS....

note: truck is straight, camera is crooked. Truck weight is on tires, not lift

A.J., Timmay, and Ryan at Bent-Up are doing the work...and a great job!

Spec's are pretty basic Waggy leaf setup:

Dana 44 w/4.88, ARB, Chromo axles
Waggy front OE leafs
Sky high rise arms + 1" spacer Chev. knuckles, 1 ton TRE's
35" BFG M/T's on 2.5 BS Steelies
63" '05-'07 Chev. 2WD rear springs + Pro-Comp long AAL
Frame plating

I call it the generic SAS...just following the 'formula'

P.S. Thanks Jake!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
She's a beauty :D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Awesome man, I started to come up there this weekend but I'm pinching pennies... I'll be over there tomorrow night though.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments... and also thanks for all the info in the Forums... I was 90% ready...or so... A.J. is filling the gaps competently.

Have a good look at 'er Wes, unfortunately, I'm homebound for the week...I'll be back up there Saturday.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That looks awesome!! can't wait to see it around town!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Sweet! As we were crawling up Axle Alley in AZ a couple days ago we were commenting on how much IFS sucks for rock crawling. Why fight your truck and the trail instead of enjoying the ride? :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Why fight your truck and the trail instead of enjoying the ride?
:kewl:

Maybe AJ will be up there tonight so I can check it out- if you get back up there Saturday and find piss all over your tires... it wasn't me, I swear.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sweet! As we were crawling up Axle Alley in AZ a couple days ago we were commenting on how much IFS sucks for rock crawling. Why fight your truck and the trail instead of enjoying the ride? :D

Later,
....Mike
because its so much cheaper. haha. if i had the money id chop it in a second.

...one day

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had just set the truck down on tires at the end of the day and were just looking at it for a few minutes before we left... I'll get the measurements this weekend (and I'm pretty sure the truck will be home as well :) )... I'll post the preliminary results.... at this point: IT'S TALL!

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Did you order brand new Waggy replacements from JC whitney or something? Or are they junkyard ones? When I originally swapped my truck I used junkyard 7 leaf Waggy springs and it sat real low :D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are PnP OE Waggy's... seems taller than I expected, but we'll see what the rear does...all new stuff in rear, so those will break in, that's for sure!

Get to play with it tomorrow at the shop, take it home and start finishing off a TON of detail work! :woot:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Truck came home last night.... drove off the trailer and fits nicely in the garage.

I got to read on the back of my camper shell that Brian loves dick. :eek:

She's sitting a lot lower than before, but still not short, 25" to frame. There's a lot of detail work to do now, and she'll be driveable by the weekend! :woot:

No flexing yet... but soon!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks good! keep us posted with more pics!

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Truck came home last night.... drove off the trailer and fits nicely in the garage.

I got to read on the back of my camper shell that Brian loves dick. :eek:

She's sitting a lot lower than before, but still not short, 25" to frame. There's a lot of detail work to do now, and she'll be driveable by the weekend! :woot:

No flexing yet... but soon!
Me Brian or Opposite boy Brian? :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
looks good, more pics, get to work, etc, etc.....you definately dont mess around! lots of respect from up north, stay in touch.:xbeer3:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tie rod was too long, so I ordered one that was 2" shorter than the drag link.... SURPRISE... way to short... 2-Day delay :rolleyes: ...picking up pinion shims for rear axle, and front driveshaft today.... lot's O little details!

When I can move it again, I'll drive it outside and take a few pic's! Front tires aren't in a parallel way right now ;) I'll do some lazy stuff today like replacing both front spindles (don't ask) and painting something (there's plenty to paint)...

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
tie rod was too long, so I ordered one that was 2" shorter than the drag link.... SURPRISE... way to short... 2-Day delay :rolleyes: ...picking up pinion shims for rear axle, and front driveshaft today.... lot's O little details!

When I can move it again, I'll drive it outside and take a few pic's! Front tires aren't in a parallel way right now ;) I'll do some lazy stuff today like replacing both front spindles (don't ask) and painting something (there's plenty to paint)...
I'll ask... Why :p

Lookin good man. Can't wait to see the final pics. Boy they knocked it out QUICK!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts