TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. Plan on starting around 10. anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
yes......

as always (well for now) will i need sliders or will carefull driving do the trick i managed not to sustain any damage on wheeler so im thinking i might gamble one more week

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
yes......

as always (well for now) will i need sliders or will carefull driving do the trick i managed not to sustain any damage on wheeler so im thinking i might gamble one more week
Ran it with just my front ARB bumper and the small lift and 32's with no issue. Would go if I wasn't working. And I dont really think its alot of careful driving, just common sense. Should be fine.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
sounds good i feel alot more ballsy now that i have that cottora sticker on my truck! yea plan on me being there if nothing else comes up, too bad i get my mid skid plate on sunday:p

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Theres 1 section that can be a little challenging at the top of the hill to go up to coney flats, if you're open/open.

I ran this open/open in my 92 with 265/75/16 without a single issue.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Theres 1 section that can be a little challenging at the top of the hill to go up to coney flats, if you're open/open.

Likewise, I ran the entire thing open/open no problem. A Nate said, the most challenging part of the trail is the first section of Coney Flats off MSV, but I managed to get all the FJs over the one middle-of-the-trail rock obstacle without any toys, and several were stock and on stock tires.

·
Registered
600 Posts

I don't get it, so why then do you say "it can be a little challenging at the top of the hill to go up to coney flats, if you're open/open." :confused:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Okay, my employer is now officially awesome.... I now have a M-F schedule with a 4 hour shift everyday after school.... WEEKENDS OFF! Yes!

I know that I said I need a break from wheeling.....but holy shit, I have to take advantage of this! SO...this is going in the MAYBE pile, along with everything else I've been dreaming of ALL summer...

·
Registered
600 Posts
What's the big water crossing like on Coney Flats? Is it deep enough to cause problems with engine air intake or the computer boxes in the vehicle? One report I read indicated the water level was over the top of a 32" tire. :eek:

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can see the water level in the trip report pics from a month or so ago. I think it should have gone down quite a bit since then though.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I don't get it, so why then do you say "it can be a little challenging at the top of the hill to go up to coney flats, if you're open/open." :confused:
its a bit challenging if you're open/open, it took a little bit of playing with to get through it, but it wasnt anything impossible.

the FJ guys probably did fine because of a different wheelbase, and more travel than my 92 had.

Its just like Carnage, rated a 5-9. You can make it easy if you pick the right line, or you can make it hard if you pick a more difficult line.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would definitely like to check out this trail. If I can get the diff breather mod done on Saturday, I will be there. We going to meet up somewhere in the Fort / Loveland and caravan down? I have a buddy with a "cough" jeep that wants to run this trail, so he may join us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys I'm trying to get things sorted out. I originally had Kelly Flats planned for the TTT run on Sunday 8/17 but it seems most are not willing to drive that far out to do the trail. Now we're trying to figure out what trail to go on. Some mentioned possibly meeting up with COTTORA so the Trails Team can roll with you guys. Would you guys be willing to have us come along with on this trail. Let me know and I won't get hurt if you guys want to keep this a short trail..I understand what it's like to have 15 vehicles with a camera crew..

·
7,735 Posts
I would definitely like to check out this trail. If I can get the diff breather mod done on Saturday, I will be there. We going to meet up somewhere in the Fort / Loveland and caravan down? I have a buddy with a "cough" jeep that wants to run this trail, so he may join us.
If you need help with that, I'll be around home in the morning and evening, but got plans in the afternoon (ORS BBQ). It's not hard at all, 30 min max job, just thought I'd offer.

Hey guys I'm trying to get things sorted out. I originally had Kelly Flats planned for the TTT run on Sunday 8/17 but it seems most are not willing to drive that far out to do the trail. Now we're trying to figure out what trail to go on. Some mentioned possibly meeting up with COTTORA so the Trails Team can roll with you guys. Would you guys be willing to have us come along with on this trail. Let me know and I won't get hurt if you guys want to keep this a short trail..I understand what it's like to have 15 vehicles with a camera crew..
No, it's our trail, you can't play on it.

Kidding... I don't see any problems with that, I was kind of torn between running this and going up to that kelley flats run anyways.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be great if you guys came. I hear this trail can accomodate large groups. I hadnt picked a meet place yet, so that is open for suggestions from anyone.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts