TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast today! Went up with Brian, Jesse, Ben(don't know if hes on here)Jesse's brother and the guy in the new silver taco...Sorry man im really bad with names. And some jeep guys....One jeep guy jumped in cause his crew turned around after 4 hours to get to the first watercrossing.

The trail was way more fun in the snow then i thought it would be.

Some pics.

The trail was over all pretty easy and then we got to the first watercrossing. This is where it got fun.

The jeep was first up and couldnt make it over the icewall. It was 3-4 inches thick on top all broken and piled up at teh end a few feet over the water. So mike takes the 3 try rule and lets me go. First try i feel it out moving kinda slow. Get over with the front and back up. Gun it from the water and out i go. Its a good thing...The jeeps needed a winch point LOL

Mikes attempt

Ben

Jesse

Mike2 aka cj

Silver taco guy...I honestly didnt think hed make a run of it but had no fear.

The jeep guy who tagged along.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs498.ash2
/77119_10150324083770594_513520593_15789010_5767511_n.jpg
Water crossing #2

The snow is pretty deep up there already in spots.

Some exit pics.

Jesse reppin the CSU hat

Group shot.

A few guys didnt attempt the water and chose to ride along...Either way i hop everyone had fun. I know i did. May try to make it again before they close it on the 1st.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Such a fun day! Never would have thought most of us could make it through/over what we did

·
20,355 Posts
Looks like it was a great day out on the trail. Cannt wait till I get my junk together and can be out wheeling again.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
better hurry. Im have heard Dec. the seasonal gates are locked up north but not sure about the stuff down here.

·
7,735 Posts
That looks like a good time. MSV is usually annoyingly bumpy, I bet the snow makes it nice and smooth. Too bad they close it for the winter... could be a great snow bashing trail, but it would suck badly to get stuck in the slushy water crossing and have to get out to pull cable.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I have never run MSV in the snow. For some reason I assumed they would close the gates as soon as snow arrives, but it sounds like a date closure, and this year with all the snow you guys have... it looks like a ton of fun! What a great birthday run Russ!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I had fun too, although due to the holes I still have in my downpipe I didn't try the water crossings (still a little paranoid of stalling out in deep water). I took the only carnage of the run, I think, when I slid sideways into a small rock and took out a rim lip. It held air for the rest of the run and the drive back to Russ's, but it's on the tire carrier now for safety.

Austin in the silver Taco

Can you say short wheelbase?

Can you say long wheelbase? :p

Russ hates posing

Jesse coming out of the water - coolest pic I got, I think

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey Brian thanks for getting these pictures up. Austin did take a stripe of body damage in his driver door from a rock somewhere. I have no idea where he got it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome pics! Glad I went despite a two hour drive and speeding ticket just outside Nederland :( Yea I was trying to keep up momentum on a stretch and brushed a gnarly branch that gave me a nice stripe on the drivers door, window and cab. I think im gonna need a new skid plate too after hitting a hidden rock under the snow pretty hard. Anyone know of any heavy duty skid plates? I found one from budbuilt and the aluminum one from Toyota but it looks like that one is just for dressup.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brian-Thanks for getting pics up....I guess i forgot about this thread. Cant wait to get on the trail again soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts