TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just throwing up some of the pictures I like from todays run.
Thanks again to Little Red1 (Chris) for planning this...
....and also to Blown4Runner (Nicole) for joining in and making the trip.
Great day out in the Colorado Mountains.
...and Brian, pretty cool showing up at the meeting spot even though you couldn't make the run just to stop and say Hi ....very cool sir.

Well, yeah most of mine are poser pics ....but you can't take pictures when you're driving so ....here:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the one I put on the National boards under trying to flex ..LOL....I'm a NOOB and I love it.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
blown4runner said:
just for the record my truck was not washed prior to doing this run, I don't know why it looks so clean. I haven't hand washed my veh since Moody Hill/Crystal Mtn. :rolleyes:
You beat me to it. Looking through the pictures, I was going to ask if you all met up at the carwash before hitting the trail.

Looks like fun!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking through the pictures, I was going to ask if you all met up at the carwash before hitting the trail.
I got my truck back the day before from the bodyshop so it was clean.... what really sort of sucks is my tires stick out of the fender wells by like 2-3 inches so it throws everything up and over my truck.

Also about "clean" vs "dirty" trucks .....I try and keep my truck as clean as possible, not just for looks but also maintenance. Leaving your truck covered in dirt and mud after a trail run isn't good. I make sure to go to a wash bay and try and clean out the underneath and wheel wells after I go offroad.

I think Blown4Runner's truck has over 180,000 miles on it ....looks pretty damn good for that many miles......I assume due to keeping it clean and taking extremely good care of it.

So there ...LOL :kewl:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
MuddButt said:
I got my truck back the day before from the bodyshop so it was clean.... what really sort of sucks is my tires stick out of the fender wells by like 2-3 inches so it throws everything up and over my truck.

Also about "clean" vs "dirty" trucks .....I try and keep my truck as clean as possible, not just for looks but also maintenance. Leaving your truck covered in dirt and mud after a trail run isn't good. I make sure to go to a wash bay and try and clean out the underneath and wheel wells after I go offroad.

I think Blown4Runner's truck has over 180,000 miles on it ....looks pretty damn good for that many miles......I assume due to keeping it clean and taking extremely good care of it.

So there ...LOL :kewl:
your the type of customer I like. I hate bringing a veh in that is covered in mud, that sucks working on.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I have a disorder called anal retentiveness. But yeah, 184K+ miles and still running strong. :D

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
blown4runner said:
Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I have a disorder called anal retentiveness. But yeah, 184K+ miles and still running strong. :D

Damn my 85 has 187xxx miles, but looks awesome, i would have gone if i didnt have to fix my rear end. :lmao: great pix as well ive always wanted to know what rampart road looked like.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Son of Mayhem said:
Damn my 85 has 187xxx miles, but looks awesome, i would have gone if i didnt have to fix my rear end. :lmao: great pix as well ive always wanted to know what rampart road looked like.

uh like a dirt road with snow on it lol..... there isn't a whole lot on rampart. a few side areas to pose on stuff like they did but other than that it could be paved and be just about as difficult

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a few side areas to pose on stuff like they did but other than that it could be paved and be just about as difficult
We took a few trails off of RRR, but you're right the actual road itself is a cake walk. The Mt.Herman side, and the trails / Forrest Roads or whatever were alot of fun.

I'd say we spent maybe an hour on RRR itself ....the other 4-5 hours or so were on forrest roads/trails. Just couldn't get pics of those ...cause.....we were driving on them.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Son of Mayhem said:
I've got a few miles on my truck for its age, but there are further abused vehs out there. I just had a '97 4Runner in for a bad power window master switch with 238K on it... Theres a '99 Taco running around somewhere with 290K, and we haven't even seen it for a few months. And somewhere theres a Taco with 400K+ miles. Its all about maintaining your mechanical components.

Funny story: Our dealership got a letter from a lady who was throwing a 300K mile party for her Camry... :rofl: And I thought I took my veh seriously.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Very cool pics! And all I got to do was tool around in my lil camry delivering the wife and kids for their errands....boo hoo...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts