TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a post with my opinion for anyone who is looking to buy a hard hitting/clean sounding sub.

I have always been a JL fan and owned practically every sub they made. I was looking to get a 12w7 for my truck but after hearing this sub, I was sold! This thing is bigger and handles better than the W7's and not to mention....cheaper. A good buddy of mines went to a Car Audio show a few months back and said the 9500 outperformed all the subs they tested. Check out the link below, theres a comparison with the W7.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/thunder9500.cfm

·
Registered
269 Posts
HawaiiBuilt said:
This is just a post with my opinion for anyone who is looking to buy a hard hitting/clean sounding sub.

I have always been a JL fan and owned practically every sub they made. I was looking to get a 12w7 for my truck but after hearing this sub, I was sold! This thing is bigger and handles better than the W7's and not to mention....cheaper. A good buddy of mines went to a Car Audio show a few months back and said the 9500 outperformed all the subs they tested. Check out the link below, theres a comparison with the W7.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/thunder9500.cfm
What is the price for 1? I'm only asking because I purchased my three 12w7's for $450 each from an authorized dealer. I would love to try one out sometime if it was significantly cheaper than that.

There are still bigger and better subs than that, but they do look really nice! :welder:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard IDmax, DD and Brahma subs, all of which are for SPL and these IMO hit harder. But thats just my opinion.

i got my 12" 9500 for $315 but thats with a discount. I'm not sure what the MSRP is. It shows the price comparison with the W7 on that link I posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just picked up a 12" 9500 also for $300 (with wholesaler discount). I havent hooked it up yet because im planning on building a custom enclosure in the xtra cab between the two rear seats, upfiring. I also have a MTX942 2-channel amp to power it with a monster cable 20/24-volt 1-farad cap, and 0/1 AWG power wire. I know it will sound sick because ive heard those subs before so I cant wait. Ill post pics once im done with the install.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have the cash, go pick yourself up a MTX 801D. The MTX reps recommend that amp for the 12's. Keep in mind its a discontinued item so finding a place that still has them might be difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts