TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After breaking a number of sets of front mud flaps on my 2006 Taco, I was at the dealer the other day, and was trolling the lot while my Taco was being worked on,and saw 2006 4runner and was checking out the front flaps and they look like they would fit. anyone try this swap. It might cure the problem because they are a few inches shorter than the stock flaps. :

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I broke off all my mudlflaps off after owning my truck for 2 months. I wish they were more floppy like the ones on the old Taco. They're too ridgid and too damn long. They tore off perfectly right at the base and I have just left that black peice on my fenders for now and it doesn't look too bad.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
1BadAndy said:
True I could just trim, But I must just clip 'em from the stealer
Sucks cause those little plastic retainer things seem to break on frequent removals... and Toyota wants an arm and a leg to replace the little POS's...

I'd think either trim them shorter...
Or remove them all together (especially on the runs that will surely eat them ;)...)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
My '05 was the first of my 4 toyotas that I actually got to remove the mudflaps myself before they got ripped off during use...check out ebay if you really need a set...
If you are running 285's, good luck keeping them on the truck :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
TacoDell said:
Sucks cause those little plastic retainer things seem to break on frequent removals... and Toyota wants an arm and a leg to replace the little POS's...

I'd think either trim them shorter...
Or remove them all together (especially on the runs that will surely eat them ;)...)
I have a pile of these little plastic retainers, PM me if anyone wants 'em.

I took off my fronts completely (33's eat flaps) and I trimmed the rear flaps down 3-4 inches just so the law sees flaps back there.

C

·
0 Posts
I have the front and rear mudflaps from my 05 out in the garage. I have an 05 swaybar too... If you want any of it PM me and you can have it all for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
62 Posts
how do you remove the clips on the flaps anyway is there a tool or do you just destroy them..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wont the paint get chipped up on the lower half of the rocker panels if you take off the front flaps?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why is eveyone having this problem with the mudflaps? I lost my front passenger flap on my 05 by mid-winter a few months after buying it in oct. 04. Then shortly after that the drivers side broke loose on the highway and scratched the shit out of my paint until I opened the window and ripped it in at 70mph.

Why didn't my truck come with floppy rubber Yosemite Sam flaps?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
vettenyy said:
Then shortly after that the drivers side broke loose on the highway and scratched the shit out of my paint until I opened the window and ripped it in at 70mph.
Are you Stretch Armstrong or something??? I am trying to visual someone reaching out the front window and ripping off the front mudflap at 70...I would like to see the video of that one.. :D

I lost the mudflaps on my older trucks when they got caught on rocks, logs, ruts etc...Trinming the rear flaps is a good idea.

obxfishn said:
Wont the paint get chipped up on the lower half of the rocker panels if you take off the front flaps?

I have not had the flaps on my truck for over a year (15K miles) and the paint is holding up fine, maybe I am lucky and all the junk is just hitting my sliders :p it is chipping on the front and the hood, but nothing that has been as a result of the mudflaps being removed...

·
Registered
407 Posts
86-ed the left front driver side flap during my trip....mud buildup, backed through a deep rut, and the tire ripped the damned thing off. I get a replacement I'm trimming 6" off the fronts. Y'all gots PMs coming.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts