TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend went to a local wheels and tire shop, and were looking at some 35 12.50's. the only one this particular shop had were called "mud kings", and they wanted $650.00 :eek: for them, plus mount and bal. I have never even heard of these tires, and the salesman didnt even know who made them. would these tires be worht the price, or have you guys even heard of them. I kinda laughed when he told us the price, because I bought my 35 12.50 procomp m/t's for 450, plus mount and bal (but I did it at a friends shop, so it was free):D

·
Registered
419 Posts

i dont know who makes them either, but here are pictures for people.

·
Registered
473 Posts
yeah

I have a friend who ran them on his Chevy. I was under the impression that they were very cheap, and that's why he had them. I think that tire place is trying to rip you off, thats a lot. Riding in the truck, you couldn't hear yourself think, they had a high-pitch whine like no other.
-Dan

·
Registered
822 Posts
I had a set of 33's and got 44000 miles out of them, great tires imo i wish i could find them still, They work great in the mud

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a friend who ran them on his Chevy. I was under the impression that they were very cheap, and that's why he had them. I think that tire place is trying to rip you off, thats a lot. Riding in the truck, you couldn't hear yourself think, they had a high-pitch whine like no other.
-Dan
yeah, when they said the price I asked what brand they were and the guy said " I don't really know". we just laughed at the price and left, not even worth haggling over.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
As I have understood it from tire dealers, Mud Kings are a BFG tire, their cheapo brand.
Mud Kings and BFG Mud Terrains are made by the same company. They have almost the same exact spacs. Mud Kings are just a cheeper BFG Mud.

I've ran both and found no difference except for $$$.

Ask the shop if they can get BFG Mud and how much$$.

Take that quote to Discount Tire and they will beat it.

·
Banned
136 Posts
no, mud kings are nothing like bfg muds. ive had both on my tacoma. mud kings are made of a harder compound. they ride rougher than bfgs, they are ok in the mud but they dont really compare to a bfg mud. you shouldnt pay more than 500 bucks for a set of 35 inch mud kings, and if the tire shop you buy them from wont do the mounting and balancing for free id talk shit and go somewhere else. oh yea mud kings are kinda loud...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Buckshot mudders, Cheap and work great. I got 4 rims standered 8 hole and tires 32"s out the door for around 450 from Tucker tires in South OC cali.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Mud kings are made by BFs as people here have said.. They are the cheaper tire for the chepos out there not wanting the real thing.. They balance like shit, I have a friend who works for a car resale lot, they put tires and fix the cars from auctions and stuff. no comparison really.. A/t and m/t are better then the chepo versions.. For a beater and it's a budget build get them.. I get my tires through him and he was telling me about them and said he got his dad some 32's but the a.t version of them for under 400 bucks.. So i'd not spend over 500 on 35's mounted, balanced, and texed.. :2cents:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ive got the Sport Kings which are the all terains and so far i am pleased with them. havent had them offroad yet but in the snow they did good. I payed 529.xx out the door for 4 33x12.50s the mud kings were the same price but i wanted an all terrain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts