TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, does everyone take off the factory mudflaps or just leave them on? What are the pro's and con's to doing this.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Just curious, does everyone take off the factory mudflaps or just leave them on? What are the pro's and con's to doing this.
Pro's....no mudflaps to get broken on the trail.

Con's .....(for ME...) CHP will give me a ticket for no mudflaps on the highway.

Mine are off now, but currently sitting in the bed; in case I get pulled over I can give my :2cents: and say that I have them right here... and tell the CHP about how I don't have the time...blah, blah....but I do have the flaps. Give me 5 mins and I will bolt them on right now...blah blah.....

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Took all of mine off. They'll just get bend or ripped off on the trail, which would cause more damage anyway.

I'm still at a hieght where I don't need a mudflap. If I were to go higher to a point wher eI would need them, I would just make quick disconnects.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mine are gone too, only 3" of lift though. Just waiting for CHP to get me.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
33's ripped my fronts off and I took the backs off so I vote no.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Take them off, But keep them and the screws so that you can put them back on if you want. Mine are off and it looks a lot better them the donkey ears that were on.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
what you should really do on the trail is take off the mudflaps,tail lights,front valance,rear bumper,etc. because those are gonna get 'clearanced' sooner or later...:2cents:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I ripped one of mine off...

The dealer wants a hundred bucks for a new mudflap.

Fuck that.

I took the other three off.

The truck looks better without them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah it looks better

Only con is if you drive down alot of gravled dirt roads you'll get rock chips on the bottem of the doors

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Pro's....no mudflaps to get broken on the trail.

Con's .....(for ME...) CHP will give me a ticket for no mudflaps on the highway.

Mine are off now, but currently sitting in the bed; in case I get pulled over I can give my :2cents: and say that I have them right here... and tell the CHP about how I don't have the time...blah, blah....but I do have the flaps. Give me 5 mins and I will bolt them on right now...blah blah.....
Hell I never knew it was the Law to have to have Mudflaps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of mine fell off too and just decided to take the rest off. I don't feel like paying 70 for a new one.
Law in AZ- The bottom of the flap has to sit 8 inches off the ground. I don't think the cops know this law as I havn't been given any s#it for it yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if you wheel your rig just take them off. if you got a street queen and like the look then keep them on. in alberta as long as your truck isnt HUGE you wont get hassled about your flaps

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
It is up to you. Out of 4 of my 5 toyota trucks most of the time they came off on their own...If they are in good shape throw up on ebay you would probably get over $100+ for them...

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Hell I never knew it was the Law to have to have Mudflaps.
It's one of those things that's enforced when they feel like it. Need a reason to pull someone over? Oh look, no flaps. :D

I take mine off at the trailhead, put them back on when I'm done wheeling.

If I forget to put them back on it's only a matter of a couple weeks before I get pulled over in Concord.

Got a mudflap ticket in Arizona a couple years ago too. Why they would fawk with someone from out of state who is heading home is beyond me.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I live in Texas and we don't get harrassed about them here so I think i will take them off, besides my wife doesn't care for them and it is her truck.:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Took all of mine off. They'll just get bend or ripped off on the trail, which would cause more damage anyway.

I'm still at a hieght where I don't need a mudflap. If I were to go higher to a point wher eI would need them, I would just make quick disconnects.
And some damn good ones, I might add. Around here, a truck with no mudflaps is basically asking the officer to pull you over. Phil welded up some awesome quick disconnect anti-sail flaps recently (big rig style) that come out with the pull of a cotter pin. quick.easy. no trouble on the roads. easy to take off when necessary. end of story.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
And some damn good ones, I might add. Around here, a truck with no mudflaps is basically asking the officer to pull you over. Phil welded up some awesome quick disconnect anti-sail flaps recently (big rig style) that come out with the pull of a cotter pin. quick.easy. no trouble on the roads. easy to take off when necessary. end of story.
How's that little wieght work out for the bottom?

·
Registered
779 Posts
don't even need them :D work fine..even at windy freeway speeds! only thing is I wish the gussets were a thicker steel. but that doesn't even matter they are very strong and easy to use. when are your going to make yourself a pair? (after SAS?)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts