TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i'm thinking of getting a Gibson or Magnaflow muffler put in at the local meineke shop. My pipes from the 2nd catalytic converter until the exhaust exit seem pretty rusted. How involved/costly would it be to have a muffler shop not only install a new muffler but new pipes as well in the stock configuration. The new pipes would obviosuly have to have a spot for the rear oxygen sensor. Also, has anyone had any adverse affects to putting on an aftermarket muffler? I'm looking to gain a little low end if possible, i doubt i'll gain anything but a nice sound. I'm going to stick with the stock 2.25in and single 2.25 out since i don't want to mess around to much with the "stockness" of the truck. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys

P.S. - i think i'm leaning toward the gibson Aluminized, 2.25'' X 2.25'' X 6'' X 19'', 25'' Overall Length if it makes a difference

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
if keeping a stock setup and you need to replace everything behind the cat, jsut buy a catback system and bolt it together yourself

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimbo74 said:
if keeping a stock setup and you need to replace everything behind the cat, jsut buy a catback system and bolt it together yourself
except that catbacks are like $500 opposed to $95 for a muffler and whatever it costs for some piping. I was thinking about a catback but the prices are ridiculous.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions...? Or is it non cost-effective to replace the piping behind the muffler? What about in terms of dumping the exhaust. Do different placements (down turn vs. side turn) on the end of the piping at the rear of the truck effect noise or anything?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it looks like i'm just going to replace the pipes after the muffler if that., did some research. Does anyone know who makes those glasspack mufflers? Maybe you could supply me with a part number for the 1.25"in/1.25"out muffler. I'm leaning to either the gibson or cheap glasspack. But i can't seem to find much info regarding the glasspack mufflers.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
if you really want a ricer glass pack just go to an autoparts store and buy one of their "cherry bomb mufflers" (big long falic shaped waste of money that retards buy) and weld it in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, scratch the glasspack then. i just thought it was like a 3rd party muffler that could be had for cheap. kinda like that sweet deal for the cheap air compressor that actually out performs the other car compressors. but if it really is a piece of junk then screw it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts