TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate doesnt have the time to weld in my new muffler so I was thinking of bringing it into a shop (I do not weld). I just want to cut the old muffler out and then weld in the new in the same place (fm 50), not exactly rocket science. Since it is so simple I figure I can trust the typical exhaust places (meineke, midas, monro). How much should I be looking to spend to have that done? Would it be much more expensive to get the cat-back done and have them tuck it up underneath a bit more in the back? Is this the process I should be taking or would you suggest an alternative method?

·
Registered
230 Posts
It does not take all that long, now I do not weld, but when my friend replaced my exhaust from the muffler back, it took him a whole 45 minutes. I say give your friend a 12 pack to get him motivated.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he is project manager for the college baja team and is also on a co-op (as am I) so I only really see him once a week on sunday or something. I guess I might be able to get him to do it since it is a three day weekend and I helped him for a weekend doing shit with his 22RE (gaskets, injectors, water pump, yadda). If this cant happen though, what might I expect to get a shop to do it moneywise?

·
Registered
176 Posts
DentedTacoma said:
Well he is project manager for the college baja team and is also on a co-op (as am I) so I only really see him once a week on sunday or something. I guess I might be able to get him to do it since it is a three day weekend and I helped him for a weekend doing shit with his 22RE (gaskets, injectors, water pump, yadda). If this cant happen though, what might I expect to get a shop to do it moneywise?
id say 25-30$

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to know what to expect, weighing the options and seeing if people had some suggestions. I am definitely going to shop around so I will have the actual prices. Seems my roommate has a lot going on so I will have to resort to the shops, going to be checking that out today.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
DentedTacoma said:
I just wanted to know what to expect, weighing the options and seeing if people had some suggestions. I am definitely going to shop around so I will have the actual prices. Seems my roommate has a lot going on so I will have to resort to the shops, going to be checking that out today.
I suggest calling some privately owned shops as apposed to the ones you mentioned. They take more pride in their work. I would also think $25-35 would be sufficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
bray
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing