TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put a new muffler on my 2002 3.4 .What r people running?Anyone running the 60 Series Flowmaster,if so how does it sound? I dont want anything that sounds like a coffee can.Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have the flowmaster 50 series delta and I think it sounds real good. It is more throaty and not ricey but keep in mind that you have a V6 so it wont sound like a V10. I think it is just loud enough but not obnoxious. I would put it on again and possibly go to a 40 series.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Search

Most are running the 40 or 50 series
If you don't want the truck to sound any louder try the Hush Power

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I am thinking about trying to reduce all the wasted space under my bed, and with the stock muffler still on there…there is a lot of space wasted!

I have been considering the new Flow master extreme off road muffler, but I do not know anyone else that has tried it yet. But I think it has a very good concept going for it! Should be ultra strong to bang against things under the truck in the rocks!

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
everyone and their neighbor's friend has a FM.

be brave, try something new.

i had a cheap ass IMCO turbo muffler on my 3.4 and it sounded like more balls than most/any other tacoma i'd seen- until i blew it out- then it was as loud/******* as you could get.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Did you think to search the Performance/Engine/EXHAUST section? Might be a good deal of help/info in there.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
FM 40 series exits between tubes on my sliders, before rear tire, not loud at all, almost wish it was a little noisey'er almost

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks.helped alot

·
Registered
111 Posts
I personally like my TRD cat back and back then, I believe the muffler was actually a Borla or Bassani.

Edelbrock makes a mean sounding muffler, but not sure how it would sound on a V6...go to there site..there should be some sound bites.

df

·
Registered
71 Posts
Go with the 40 series FM. I have mine dual out and it sounds nice. VERY NICE!! I have it 2 1/4 in and 2 1/2 out. You do get a bit more MPG and some power, but I think its worth it. I get a lot of compliments from other truck owners.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anything is almost better flowing than the stock exhaust. I wouldn't waste time replacing your cats until it is clogged. Save the cash and buy the TRD or Edelbrock headers and a good cat back system. Or depending where you live, get a test pipe to replace the cat.

df

1 - 14 of 14 Posts